Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times

Advertisements

It's a good thing I am not King for these 2 jail birds. Both of them would have stopped wasting air and water long ago.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,027,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The same reason Charlie Manson is still around. Psychotic bastards seem to live longer than most people.
In Internet years I'm about a million years old (not quite 60 in earth years), and I remember that during the whole Manson thing there were a number of underground and even some above ground newspapers that praised Manson for what were seen as extreme anti-American society actions. But a lot of the young adults during that era understood Manson to be a monster, and the counter-culture praise to be wildly misguided. The end result was that Manson did more to end the Hippie movement than any one person.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
No! they should have been put to death!! Why are we feeding and housing these two animals??? That's not justice. The families of their victims are paying for their food!!
Because executing him at this point for those crimes would require an unconstitutional retrial.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
"The actor Robert Vaughn, who starred in the long-running television series The Man From U.N.C.L.E and who was a good friend of Robert Kennedy's, has sent a copy of Evans' book to Sirhan and his lawyers. In his letter to Sirhan, Vaughn wrote: "It contains important new information about your case that I believe substantiates your claims of having been hypnotised at the time of the shooting and also produces the first credible evidence of motivation and method. I can tell you that, like me, important people in the US media are persuaded by Mr Evans' revelations; some are talking of it opening the door to a long overdue federal investigation into the assassination. I also believe that it could give you the grounds for a new appeal."

History News Network (http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/9741.html - broken link)

Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,090,856 times
Quote:
Question:

WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE?????????? WHY ARE WE STILL FEEDING THIS ANIMAL ON OUR TAX DOLLARS!!?? WHY ISN'T HE DEAD!!

I just don't understand this country sometimes.

Why is he even getting these parole hearings??
Because our laws apply equally to everyone. Why is he still alive? Educate yourself. It will help you not get so stressed out. Understanding how systems work in this country is good for one's mental health.

"Thus, on June 29, 1972, the Supreme Court effectively voided 40 death penalty statutes, thereby commuting the sentences of 629 death row inmates around the country and suspending the death penalty because existing statutes were no longer valid."

Part I: History of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
California seems to be a common thread between the two.
Actually the "key" between the two still being alive is the U.S. Constitution.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
No! they should have been put to death!! Why are we feeding and housing these two animals??? That's not justice. The families of their victims are paying for their food!!
That's just your opinion......and maybe the opinions of many,many other people. Death penalty was found to be unconstitutional by the USSC in the mid-1970s......therefore all state death penalties were void and all death sentences were commuted to life. Later, after corrections were made in death penalty laws, the DP was reinstated.

Get a grip. LEARN the answers to your questions by reading just a little bit.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Are his victims coming back from the dead? Will the kids get their father back?
I certainly support life forever in prison for Sirhan Sirhan.....no parole ever.

However, your argument above is, imo, a bit silly. Will the victims come back to life if he were executed? No.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Again.....will the kids get their father back???
No. And they wouldn't get their father back if he were executed. And all the positive things Bobby Kennedy would have done if he had not been killed will never happen. There are HUGE LOSSES as a result of this crime, but we cannot turn back time. Life in prison without parole is the best outcome possible. It is the least expensive punishment, and the person, for the most part, is forgotten and incarcerated for the rest of their lives. You should be celebrating that Sirhan Sirhan continues to be refused parole.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He didn't just kill a man, which is bad enough, he no doubt changed the entire direction of our country's politics. He will never pay his dues to society. Never.
I completely agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.