Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

This is what the unions and democrats are all about. Deceit, duplicitous behavior in order to lock in union power.

FOX6 Investigators: Government e-mails reveal plot to stall budget repair bill - WITI (http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110302-madison-contracts,0,3750568.story - broken link)

Madison mayor tried to get bill stalled while he signed new contracts

FOX6Now.com, Milwaukee News, Wisconsin News, Weather Sports & Politics -- WITI (http://www.fox6now.com/videobeta/2bbfc72c-5421-454d-9fd6-9286c0440167/News/Government-e-mails-reveal-plot-to-stall-budget-repair-bill - broken link)

Quote:
They both tried to convince the Secretary of State to hold up the bill by taking the maximum 10 days allowed by law before publishing the bill.

Citizens for Responsible Government Rep. Chris Kliesmet says, "This suggests, and this is a harsh word, collusion. There is collusion between some politicians and public sector employee unions.
Here are the emails;

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2011-03/59813442.pdf

Appears the Fleebaggers left to buy time for the unions to lock in new contracts.

Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
BANG! Come on Progs, spin it!

Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,180 times
Plot from government ? We need to call Mulder and Scully !

It's not a surprise Sanrene, we already know that

Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Plot from government ? We need to call Mulder and Scully !

It's not a surprise Sanrene, we already know that
I know we have known all along the democrats and unions are joined at the hip. The unions are the trough at which the democrat party feeds, they will not go quietly in giving up the slop.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I know we have known all along the democrats and unions are joined at the hip. The unions are the trough at which the democrat party feeds, they will not go quietly in giving up the slop.
sanrene; it is those that do not give credience to this, that are ignorant. Why allow this to happen. Dems are joined at the hip, with a awful lot of People, in the pocket sort of speak.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Wait--first off, Citizens for Responsible Government is a tea party group--not a neutral media watch dog. Go check out their site. I'd give them about as much credibility as I'd give Glenn Beck

Since when is it a crime for a Mayor to contact his State representative about an issue impacting city government? Do you think perhaps that the mayor might want to avoid throwing city government into immediate chaos if the bill passed, and the entire structure changed, with no warning, especially since they were trying to wrap up contract negotiations? Remember--the initial R plan was to pass this bill in less than a week with no public debate. They even initially lied to the D's in the house about the vote time so they couldn't try to offer amendments or demand a debate. I'm sure there were lots of school boards and local governments trying to figure out what was going on. A request to buy time was not unreasonable--bills like this are usually passed with months of debate, and time to make plans.

If the mayor was trying to do a sneaky backroom deal, do you think he would have put it in a written request to the rep? You've got to be kidding me. This was about as above board as it gets.

Where, any place in all of this, do the unions come in? Did they contact the state rep? The accusation of collusion has absolutely nothing to back it up that I can see.

Last--it didn't happen. They didn't slow down the printing of the bill. The request was rejected. FOX couldn't find any record of the Dem Senators leaving for any of these reasons--they admitted that in your own link and FOX broadcast.

Are you this desperate?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:01 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Wait--first off, Citizens for Responsible Government is a tea party group--not a neutral media watch dog. Go check out their site. I'd give them about as much credibility as I'd give Glenn Beck

Well, since we have the actual emails to prove what this group is saying, then I guess you'd have to conclude that Glenn Beck is very credible too.

Quote:
Since when is it a crime for a Mayor to contact his State representative about an issue impacting city government?

It's not. But only a fool would claim that Mayor wasn't talking to the unions...so collusion between the Mayor, the Unions, and the State Senator is VERY plausible of an allegation.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Well, since we have the actual emails to prove what this group is saying, then I guess you'd have to conclude that Glenn Beck is very credible too.

That's my point--do you think they'd PUT A REQUEST IN WRITING if this was some type of conspiracy? You've got to be kidding.

It's not. But only a fool would claim that Mayor wasn't talking to the unions...so collusion between the Mayor, the Unions, and the State Senator is VERY plausible of an allegation.

So you have a Mayor trying to settle contract negotiations, who contacts his state representative IN WRITING about looking into whether or not it's possible to slow down a bill they had ZERO NOTICE of, that would make sweeping changes in how local governments do business, in order for them to be able to finish up their original city operational plan, and give them time to respond to changes down the road, rather than immediately. The request was denied. That's collusion?
Even FOX admits they couldn't find any connection to the Senators leaving the state. This is a joke.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
The protesters are forcing the dittoheads to become unhinged. I love it.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Even FOX admits they couldn't find any connection to the Senators leaving the state. This is a joke.

Who cares about that?

The allegation is collusion between politicians and the unions:

Quote:
Citizens for Responsible Government Rep. Chris Kliesmet says, "This suggests, and this is a harsh word, collusion. There is collusion between some politicians and public sector employee unions.
We already KNOW the motives of the 14 Fleabags. Collusion is more serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies