Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

And it isn't just the men in the news media that think Bachmann and Palin is an either/or choice.

Why is Sarah Palin mentioned when Bachmann is being discussed so much? Can they not compare Palin to other governors running or not yet declared? Can they not compare Bachmann to Congressman Ron Paul or former Senator Rick Santorum, for example? Does it have to be either Bachmann or Palin to fill some news media "girl slot" in the list of candidates? Can't they both run?

I thought O'Reilly's Palin vs Bachmann poll was stupid but the analysts do it, too, and not just on Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And it isn't just the men in the news media that think Bachmann and Palin is an either/or choice.

Why is Sarah Palin mentioned when Bachmann is being discussed so much? Can they not compare Palin to other governors running or not yet declared? Can they not compare Bachmann to Congressman Ron Paul or former Senator Rick Santorum, for example? Does it have to be either Bachmann or Palin to fill some news media "girl slot" in the list of candidates? Can't they both run?

I thought O'Reilly's Palin vs Bachmann poll was stupid but the analysts do it, too, and not just on Fox News.
I noticed this also. Seems now they are portraying Bachmann as not as pretty as Palin, more like the little sister. Neither woman has control of their looks they are both attractive and smart, both in office and at home,
I think this is the problem.

Women are good at multi-tasking, this is not a trait by men. I don't think we have come to a place where men feel women can run the world, you know what they think, that will bring them.

I never saw the results of the poll, I'm with you I thought it was dumb. Just wondering how Bachmann and Palin feel about running against each other. I say we haven't got any fire from what has been laid out.

If the Republicans want to win they need to light the fire!!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Of course people think they are interchangeable.

When you hear two loonies on street corners ranting incoherently, do you really try and compare/contrast their versions of insanity?

Personally, I just move on with my life with the mental categorization of "batcrap insane".

Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Q: Does the TV News Media Think Bachmann and Palin are Interchangeable Because They're Girls?

A: No, I believe it is more than that. In fact, I see their interchangeability for more reasons than one. You can't? Why would you assume there can't be more than one reason?

Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
They're also conservative. Any conservative woman is a traitor, in their mind.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
They're not "girls", they're women!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
One is Tweedledee the other is Tweedledum.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
One is Tweedledee the other is Tweedledum.
I disagree. One is stupid and the other is crazy.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 AM

118 posts, read 87,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

They do it in sports also. Any decent white basketball player is automatically compared to Larry Byrd. No matter how little they resemble each other in any other area.

And black guys are always described as "athletic" while white guys are "smart".

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And I bet you think Pelosi and Barbara Boxer are Rhodes Scholars?
So just because I don't think highly of bachmann Palin overdrive I must therefore think highly of boxer and Pelosi. The logic in that escapes me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies