Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:16 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,282,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ken

Nope I do not know anything because I retired at 40 after the Bush tax cuts grew my business out the roof and I was able to sell it for huge profits.

I went from a few employees and struggling under Clinton to flourishing under Bush and retired once the sale was completed.

You are living in dreamland and making up stuff.

One minute liberals claim Bush caused massive losses for peoples pensions and you tell us you made a killing.

Which way is it? Or are you the only smart liberal who made money in the stock market?

Disney World awaits you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,282,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Wisconsin Law exempts legislators from prosecution except for Treason, Felonies, or a Breach of the Peace. The Order is ILLEGAL

Sorry but your are incorrect.

These flee bitten obstructionist will pay in the end no matter what.

It will not work on to their benefit in the end.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,909,948 times
It will never stick and if they tried I can see the lawyers grinning from ear to ear thinking about how much they can sue the State of Wis for. Looks like the Repubs are getting even more desperate than they already were. I think they never thought the issue would bring so much negative attention and would have to assume several are thinking their own jobs may be in jeopardy.
Casper

Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Sorry but your are incorrect.

These flee bitten obstructionist will pay in the end no matter what.

It will not work on to their benefit in the end.
That is Your OPINION, mine is the opposite. Your guys are getting desperate and it shows
Casper

Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,017,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That is Your OPINION, mine is the opposite. Your guys are getting desperate and it shows
Casper
They dont have the authority to arrest them, but they do have the authority to bring them back to do their job.. This is standard for all states, and the federal government..

There have already been previous court rulings to this fact.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/03/wi...ack-democrats/
Fitzgerald also cited a Wednesday circuit court ruling in Oconto County that found Democratic Sen. Jim Holperin had violated his duty to attend Senate sessions, but that only the Senate had the right to enforce the rule that he be there. A citizen in Holperin's district, who was also represented by Troupis, brought the legal action.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42116
The sergeant at arms of the Senate is authorized, under the state Constitution, to “take any and all steps, with or without force and assistance from police, to bring the senators back.”

Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,433,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
would have to assume several are thinking their own jobs may be in jeopardy.
Casper
That would be the fleebaggers who think that because their jobs ARE in jeopardy.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They dont have the authority to arrest them, but they do have the authority to bring them back to do their job.. This is standard for all states, and the federal government..

There have already been previous court rulings to this fact.
Wisconsin Senate May Order Police to Bring Back Democrats
Fitzgerald also cited a Wednesday circuit court ruling in Oconto County that found Democratic Sen. Jim Holperin had violated his duty to attend Senate sessions, but that only the Senate had the right to enforce the rule that he be there. A citizen in Holperin's district, who was also represented by Troupis, brought the legal action.
Wisconsin Senate Orders Arrest Of Fugitive Democrats - HUMAN EVENTS
The sergeant at arms of the Senate is authorized, under the state Constitution, to “take any and all steps, with or without force and assistance from police, to bring the senators back.”
He has no athority in Ill. So much for that thought.
Casper

Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That would be the fleebaggers who think that because their jobs ARE in jeopardy.
Correction: the term is Teabaggers, that clear it up for ya.
Casper

Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,491,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You are living in dreamland and making up stuff.

One minute liberals claim Bush caused massive losses for peoples pensions and you tell us you made a killing.

Which way is it? Or are you the only smart liberal who made money in the stock market?

Disney World awaits you.
He is not, i am one of those that lost big in my retirement under Bush including almost half in his last few months. The first 7 seven years under Bush my funds did grow but very slowly. Now under Obama, in 2 short years I have regained most of what I lost.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,766,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He is not, i am one of those that lost big in my retirement under Bush including almost half in his last few months. The first 7 seven years under Bush my funds did grow but very slowly. Now under Obama, in 2 short years I have regained most of what I lost.
Me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies