Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,549,167 times

Advertisements

Several years ago I saw a cartoon in some magazine (don't recall which one) that was so close to my heart that I remember it still. It showed a bunch of rather distressed folks, waiting in line at the check-in desk for Hell.
Behind the desk a very busy Satan was doing some paperwork, preparing to admit the new arrivals. And behind Satan, various demons were ushering terrified newcomers off toward a series of doorways. The doorways were labeled, respectively: "Murderers"...."Rapists"......"Third-World Dictators"...and "People Who Didn't Use Their Turn Signals"...
I guess that shows where my sentiments lie...as I've always said, "it's the LITTLE things that count most".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,377,111 times
left lane hogs are my most hated and I work with one that actually admitted he is one. According to him, nobody needs to be going faster than him and if he wants to be in the left lane then that's his prerogative.. I can't say what half the room called him, but it wasn't nice... he'll never live down that day

my other peeves are drunk drivers, people on cell phones, people freaking TEXTING while driving (saw this twice last week and almost got hit by both of them), and people that think the turn signal gives them the right to change lanes even if someone is already in the other lane..
this city is full of drunks and after 10:00 PM it's safe to assume at least half of everyone on the road is drunk. I'm not kidding either, it's seriously scary..I wish the police would do a better job (it's not like they're hard to find) and I wish the penalty was MUCH more severe.. any of them that ever hurt (or worse) a family member of mine will wish they never met me...

I basically can't stand driving anymore because everyone drives like crap. I actually go in to work at around 5:00 AM or 5:30 just to avoid traffic..

Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,896,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
People doing 40 MPH in the left lane of an interstate while yakking on the phone.
People driving 40 mph in the left lane of an interstate while gripping both white knuckles on the WHEEL like ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOSE on a sunny day with no clouds in the sky and nobody else on the road

... except the car next to them and me in the car behind them, wanting to pass, lol.

I hate driving in Ohio.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 PM

20,307 posts, read 19,899,417 times
Passing lane squatters. Whether they're doing, over or under the speed limit, annoy the hell out of me

Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Oy vey... we have so many HORRIBLE drivers here, it would be hard to list them all! But I think these are my top two:

1. People who tailgate you in the left lanes, no matter how fast you're going (I average 75-80mph, and they do it to me!)... then when you get over to let them pass, they'll speed ahead & cut you off in the other lane. I swear, people here do that all the time, just to mess with you - even if the lane they're in is going faster. Grrrrrrr.

2. Drivers who "pace" you, even when you're not trying to get ahead or behind them... you speed up, they speed up, you slow down, they slow down. Friggin irritating as hell! And to go along with this, I also hate people who go really slowly when you're behind them, and then speed up when you try to pass. Seriously, I get an ulcer every time I'm on the freeway.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Okay, I have to add one more - LOL. Another poster reminded me of this one... people who drive in the carpool lane, even when they're alone & not in a "green" car. Not only rude and annoying, but also carries a huge fine - wish the cops actually enforced it, though. *ahem*

Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 AM

572 posts, read 2,088,193 times
A few-

Not using a signal, even if it's obvious they're trying to turn. A signal would still be nice.

Pacing, I hate it too!

People who drive in the left lane under the speed limit, and people who tailgate those people. Just because someone is driving slow doesn't mean you get closer to them - it just creates a more dangerous situation. Two wrongs don't make a right. Ease back a little, maybe flash your high beams once to see if they get the point. Most of the time, they do.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Hi, Here in this city of mine alot people drive while talking on cellphone which makes it real dangerous and also alot of people run stop lights here.

News, What's your biggest driving pet peeve?

Road Rage, Cellular Phones and Tailgaters

Doesn't life seem more dangerous when you don't check the optional insurance boxes on a rental car contract? Last week I watched in horror from the driver's seat of my totally uninsured, shoestring-budget rental car as the rear quarter panel of a Crown Victoria lazily drifted almost to the skin of my precious rental's fender at 65 mph on Florida's Turnpike.

- Road Rage, Cellular Phones and More Driving Pet Peeves - AOL Autos
Slow drivers, COPS enforcing ridiculously low speed limits, people text messaging while driving (see them everyday), people who litter the streets, rude people who honk at you for no reason... and of course, all the road rage barbarian drivers I had to deal with in Orlando since I was in high school.... golee, in regards to road rage, Orlando sucks!

Oh I also don't like people with libelous bumber stickers, although I have to "tough it out" as I believe in freedom of speech.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-26-2007 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Off-topic

Old 07-25-2007, 04:20 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,567,940 times
I'm on the same page as most of you, wether is Mr Smartass Pace Car in the fast lane, or mommy with her sugar doped brats weaving through a parking lot, but I have to say that my biggest peeve is the phone junkies who constantly adjust their speed to match the conversation.. 80, slow down to sixty in order to dial all TEN numbers becasue you're too lazy to set up a speedy dial, back up to 75 while it's ringing, then down to 60 again to blah, blah, blah.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,741,672 times
All of the above + the crowds that clog southern NH back roads on Saturday morning. Half mile lines at a red light (yeah- the red light too). This place was really nice 20 years agp. Now it is an over crowded gentrified suburb. Time to move to the southwest and return to real country.

At least the newbies that have never seen snow or ice provide entertainment during the first few snows of winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies