Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,895 times

Advertisements

Ok, what do you think about this? From our own city! This really will puts fuel on the fire...someone's head is going to roll for this one. Are people really that stupid?

Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video

"If you want to make an omelet you have to scramble some eggs!" WTF!

What in the H*** does eggs have to do with it? You are talking about peoples lives...not eggs for God's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,077,414 times
That is not a very good strategic method I must say, I'd say failed.
I wish AZ had better gun control, that's just evidence right there how many weapons we supply to these criminals from AZ on a daily basis. I couldn't believe nobody asked at that gun store why they needed boxes and boxes of guns in the first place. It's pretty obvious. People all over this place turn a blind eye.
Too bad. , very sad indeed!
Thanks for the information.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Incredible.

The obama ATF is allowing guns to go across the border...allowing it.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Incredible.

The obama ATF is allowing guns to go across the border...allowing it.
Well, to be honest, the ATF can't make that kind of call and neither can Janet Napolitano in charge of Homeland Security.

These type of order come from higher up and the buck stops with him! My main concern is what's going to happen next. from what I understand the Mexican President was in Washington at the White House the day before this broke. My guess (only) President Obama asked him to come to talk about this "Major" screw up.

My guess is that the story was about to break and CBS called and informed the President about their findings and he probably asked the press to hold off until the President of Mexico was informed.

My guess is that this will escalate into something that the US Government was hoping to avoid. Agents being killed with guns that are supplied by the US Government.

It just might cause ALL of the American living and working in Mexico to become fair game. Where do you think that will lead to next? In the report, it mentioned that this was done without the Mexican Government involvement. In fact, they didn't even know anything about it. I hope this is not true.

What do you think the Mexican people that are not involved are going to do? You know, the ones that are trying to protect their families from all of this stuff that's going "UP" at the border.

What are the families that had family members killed during cross fire between the Mexican Marine and the bad guys. What do you think they are going to do? If you have a family member shot how would you feel, what would you do?

This type of action are grounds for impeachment. This has placed the whole south border at "Major" risk. It probably put the whole country at risk. With millions of illegals crossing the border every year for the last 15 years, what do you think going to happen if this escalates?

In Mexico, it is against the law to have a gun. But in the USA, it is not. Do you think that all of our visiting friends from the south are going to say..."Oh it ok, we are here so it no big deal!" NOT! What on god's green earth were people thinking with this stupid call.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:59 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
These videos are very shocking and upsetting. Mexicans are dying with fire arms provided by the U.S. DOJ and now one of our agents. One one side we give Mexico millions to fight the drug war and on the other we aid the drug traffickers to continue to war and violence.

I'm equally shocked to see this thread silent for the most part. Not many want to comment.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Sold the guns to the cartel, lost track of said guns, recover some of said guns AFTER someone died.

We are our own worst enemy, aren't we ?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
credit Obama with another shovel ready job. this man needs to address this open border problem or resign.why he just ignores it is a crime.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:39 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
credit Obama with another shovel ready job. this man needs to address this open border problem or resign.why he just ignores it is a crime.
As much as I dislike Obama, you can't fault the man for doing what every President before him has done to secure the border. It seems doing nothing is about par for the course.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:44 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
But we were promised change and hope not the same ole

Old 03-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Default I made the call!

After I saw and posted this, I called three people in this order....

1.) Jon Kyl - Senator of Arizona. (place where I pay my taxes)
2.) The White House.
3.) Janet Napolitano.

I almost called the American Consulate in Mexico, I was so ticked off.

However, at each call, I had to leave a message. I'm not sure it you know this or not, so please forgive me if you do.

Statistically speaking, for every (1) call made to your Senator, reflects around 10,000 of his voting constituents. If two call..20,000 and so on!
If enough people call and ask WTH are they going to do about this, it will force them to deal with this...now.

Last thing they don't want to do is give up that gravy train job that they have had for all of these year. Yes they don't get paid enough (bull s***) they should work for free for all of the perks and Honorariums they get.

If you are in Arizona... please make the call. If you are not, please call your local Senator and ask him/her what they are going to do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies