Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,779,778 times

Advertisements

Mike Huckabee slams Portman for pregnancy - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com

"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care," he said. "And that's the story that we're not seeing."

"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'we're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."

It is what it is.

Anyone else not voting for this guy besides me? If he happens to run, that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,512,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mike Huckabee slams Portman for pregnancy - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com
"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care," he said. "And that's the story that we're not seeing."
"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'we're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."
It is what it is.
Mike always speak the truth. Most unwed moms are young, uneducated, poor, and without much hope for a better future for themselves and their child. And hollywood does always try to spin it.
What's wrong with speaking truths?

Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,855,199 times
Quote:

It is what it is.

Maybe he should take that up with the Palins
Casper

Old 03-04-2011, 02:02 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,512,663 times
Mike spoke the truth but here comes the haters I predict. They hypocrits extraordinairre! lol.
Mike also said:
Natalie is an extraordinary actor, very deserving of her recent Oscar and I am glad she will marry her baby's father. However, contrary to what the Hollywood media reported, I did not "slam" or "attack" Natalie Portman, nor did I criticize the hardworking single mothers in our country. My comments were about the statistical reality that most single moms are very poor, under-educated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death. That's the story that we're not seeing, and it's unfortunate that society often glorifies and glamorizes the idea of having children out of wedlock."

Haters can't deal with the truth, facts, and ethical people. They can't stand it that some people actually have morals and live by them.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,093,534 times
Meh.

At least Huckabee isn't a sleazy hypocrite.

He seems like a nice man, unlike his fellow GOP contenders...

Old 03-04-2011, 02:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,045,682 times
No one should have a baby - whether single or coupled - if she, he, or they are not in a financial position to do so.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:29 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Mike always speak the truth. Most unwed moms are young, uneducated, poor, and without much hope for a better future for themselves and their child. And hollywood does always try to spin it.
What's wrong with speaking truths?
Unless someone produces a marriage license I'd have to guess Eve was an unwed mother, perhaps the huckster will address that.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,030,041 times
Quote:
It is what it is.

I'll be happy to join you

Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,041,255 times
Quote:

It is what it is.

Actually it's none of Huck's damned business what Portman does.

I sort of reminds me of the Quayle Murphy Brown saga.

What would he have Portman do, have a <<gasp>> abortion????

Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,360,608 times
Yeah he's right.

But I doubt that there are that many young women looking at Natalie Portman

(who happens to be ENGAGED to wed which means she's actually going to make it "all o.k.")

and says to themself... "I can do the same thing, look at Natalie Portman".

What's she supposed to do, crawl under a rock the year she's nominated for an Oscar?

Give me a break.

He should have used another example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies