Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,006,683 times

Advertisements

Well, I'll contemplate how 19 men without an army pulled that
thing off - and I'll think about all the families and their loss.
But, then I'll just think about all the useless wars we've
involved ourselves in and start thinking about the draft and
then I'll start thinking about my dad in Vietnam - and
then I'll just think "what a ****ty day", what has this
world come to, and then I'll take my dog for a walk and
get some ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 01:36 AM

6 posts, read 7,824 times
COME ON ....** dont give your mind to others **

(((( No one knows the unseen except the GOD )))) .

Why did not predict the financial collapse
Why did not predict the killing of President John F. Kennedy
Why did not predict a disaster September 11
Why did not predict tsunami flooding
Why did not predict the fall of the Soviet Union

There are lots and lots in the Unseen is known only to God

Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,685,258 times
During my life I have expected ALL of these things.

Financial collapse always follows a speculative boom fueled by absurdly low interest.

After the Cuban mess somebody was likely to kill him. Who is still up for grabs?

I predicted the World Trade Towers would be struck by airplanes 20 years before the event. I was surprised it took so long. They were such blatant symbols of what we were doing to the rest of the world that their destruction was inevitable. The means was obvious.

Tsunamis happen and beaches get flooded. Sooner or later it had to happen and because of the very high seismic activity Indonesia was likelier then most. There are possibilities of devastating tsunamis all along the shores of the World Ocean.

I figured the Soviet system would trip over itself sooner or later due to internal inefficiencies caused by corruption. Goods and services were distributed according to bureaucratic power, not actual need. Then the War in Afghanistan drained them dry.

I figure the same thing will badly damage the US economy and society as many decades of political corruption by the rich and powerful destroy any semblance of a market economy. This may happen much sooner than we expect. As in the Soviet situation there is Afghanistan.

I am not God or a prophet but an observer of events with some understanding of how things work.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,701,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people can never see beyond the slogans. I think the day we bombed non combatants in Europe was the day we lost our soul. Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki confirmed our membership in the Monsters of War club. Sending troops to kill Vietnamese civilians was to be expected. After all they wanted to be free of the French and that was intolerable.
That started a long time before WWII. Read about the Civil war and Sherman's march to the sea.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,298,333 times
Default Some People Just Can't Take It

Gulf Spill Fatality

Lisa Nelson passed away today

Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 AM

41,905 posts, read 74,999,915 times
Now there's a countdown? That's just not right.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,334,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
Why are so many people writing other tragedies? I did not see that question in the OP. I don't know what I'll be doing on 9/11 yet, and I really do think it was the worst day in modern history.
I agree.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm anti-US because I disagree with you?
It was not necessary to drop atom bombs on innocent people living in those cities.
Ever been to the Hiroshima museum? Ever see the devastation it caused?
We killed a lot more innocent people on that day than were killed in the WTC.
Photos of people with their skin peeling and on fire is not appropriate. Neither was napalming the Vietnamese.
I don't believe bombing and/or killing innocent people at any time is appropriate.

Since you want me to leave the country, you're much more anti-US than I could imagine.
I may not agree with you, but I don't think you're Hitler or that you should leave the country.

Nice try; you called me out on your own opinion.
And you know what they say about opinions. Yours stinks just as much as mine.

Ever been to Pearl Harbor the USS Arizona Memorial were they not innocent with their skin peeling off ? How do you get that the people of these cities were innocent they treated our P.O.W.'S like $h!t and were part of the military industrial complex.The A-Bomb ended a war we did not start and I bet those who were about to invade JAPAN would agree it saved their lives...maybe you or I would not exist if that war continued another two more bloody years?

Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,334,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Ever been to Pearl Harbor the USS Arizona Memorial were they not innocent with their skin peeling off ? How do you get that the people of these cities were innocent they treated our P.O.W.'S like $h!t and were part of the military industrial complex.The A-Bomb ended a war we did not start and I bet those who were about to invade JAPAN would agree it saved their lives...maybe you or I would not exist if that war continued another two more bloody years?

Good Point but in my lifetime is what I am saying. Been to the Arizona and your right they were innocent. But..I think in our history this is the first time Civilians working if offices were murdered in mass.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Good Point but in my lifetime is what I am saying. Been to the Arizona and your right they were innocent. But..I think in our history this is the first time Civilians working if offices were murdered in mass.
The US embassies in Africa...Oklahoma City Federal Building and those poor kids...were before 9/11 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies