Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 AM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They have been proposing this for years. I hope that it does pass. I think that people could get used to the dollar coins, but also think that they could make them slightly larger. They should also bring back "Lady Liberty" on the coins.

I agree with putting "Lady Liberty" back on our coins. This was standard from the beginning of our republic until the 1930's, when we started to deify our presidents. Plus those older coins were some of the most beautiful coins ever minted. They were real works of art. Makes our current coin designs seem crude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 10:15 AM

140 posts, read 298,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Go check the current price of a Silver Dollar .... approximately $38-$40 in Federal Reserve Notes ....
So this matters WHY?

Do you require your employer or customers to pay you in Silver Dollars? Why not ?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tell me you're joking.
What does what I posted have to do with anything other than taxes being included in the price of an item.

What the heck are you talking about?
I have such a difficult time following you...
you said
"Originally Posted by chielgirl
Isn't that the truth!
I love the way that it's done here. Makes that 19% less painful."

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM

334 posts, read 188,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Wutz up with this shift?

If the Government can save money by replacing one-dollar bills with coins, why not replace, or at least allow, coins to replace 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 bills with coins?

Can a tracking device be implanted in metal and still be picked up?

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11281.pdf
I hear they're going to create a dollar coin too. It's to be gold in color. In fact, I think the banks have them already but will only release them to those who know the secret pass-question.

"Can I have a roll of dollar coins please?"

Shhhh. Keep that to yourself. ............ and put out that light.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Oh dear ... do try to keep up and do try to understand the context.

In Europe, sales tax or VAT is included in the sticker price. So, if an article is marked at $100 then that is what you pay. What you see is what you pay.

In the US, the sticker price never includes tax so you always pay more than it says.
That's what I miss about living in Delaware - no sales tax, so the price on the sticker is what you pay.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Oh sure .. I could see myself carrying around $500.00 in coins ..

Clank, chinck, rattle, rattle .. I'd be a great target for any mugger that would happen to pass by ..
Ah hahahaha I like the way you put it. I was going to say something but you got to it in the beginning of this thread. I don't want the dollar coin to replace the paper dollar. I can't carry all that change it gets too heavy.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Ah hahahaha I like the way you put it. I was going to say something but you got to it in the beginning of this thread. I don't want the dollar coin to replace the paper dollar. I can't carry all that change it gets too heavy.
Well, the Government can force you to carry junk.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:29 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, the Government can force you to carry junk.

And when they can't force they manipulate. All it really takes today is sending out e-mails to make everyone think it's what everyone, the majority, wants.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,199,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And the New World Order thanks you and hopes you have many children!
Don't worry. I'll at least take care to wrap them all in tinfoil.

I take it you also think we should go back to bartering livestock and paying scribes.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
And when they can't force they manipulate. All it really takes today is sending out e-mails to make everyone think it's what everyone, the majority, wants.
Still, I hope they don't pass a law requiring the payment of health insurance in coin as a means to make coin money "popular".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies