Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They would write in Palin's or Newt Gingrich's name before voting for a Mormon.
If the Dem were a white candidate, then i'd agree with you. But in all seriousness, i don't think there is a Repub candidate that is awful enough that they wouldn't vote for him/her over Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 AM

120 posts, read 263,924 times
romneycare need i say more so he will not have my vote

Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella24 View Post
I actually just read his book and I gotta say he seems like hed do a pretty good job values wise....however I dont beleive the conservative side would accept him, I think hes a more Moderate or in the middle kind of candidate, he shows signs of both. What are your thoughts, Opinions on Mitt Romney?
Three problems for Mitt,
He is a Mormon, something many Christians consider a Cult.
He is from Utah and not really part of what many consider the south but more of a nowhere in the west someplace, like it or not but it does matter to some where people are from. Don't believe me then wonder what people say when someone is from California or New Yorkfile:///C:/Users/kem/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif (broken link)
He is an also ran and rejected in 2008, rejects rarely do well in second runs against the same candidate that actually won the election.
The right needs to come up with someone new, Romney, Huckabee, Palin are all rejects if they are the best that the GOP can field in 2012 they are losers before the race even begins. I think someone like the Governor of Ohio might have a better chance, not that I know much about him, but someone new would be the best GOP plan.
Casper

Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I actually just read his book and I gotta say he seems like hed do a pretty good job values wise....however I dont beleive the conservative side would accept him, I think hes a more Moderate or in the middle kind of candidate, he shows signs of both. What are your thoughts, Opinions on Mitt Romney?

If you want to vote for a Democrat, vote for a Democrat.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
I think someone like the Governor of Ohio might have a better chance, not that I know much about him, but someone new would be the best GOP plan.
Republicans would do best running an established Governor with a track record - not a Senator or a pandering newcomer. Palin is out because she's a quitter (couldn't finish 1 term) and Romney is a RINO hamstrung contorting himself to explain why RomneyCare is not the same as the similar Obamacare. Mitch Daniels (Indiana) looks good - he's popular, realistic, and can push through a conservative fiscal agenda without demonizing the other side.

Going hard core will not get a Republican elected to the Presidency. 40% of the country will always vote Democrat and 40% will always vote Republican. That leaves 20% in the middle who need to be persuaded.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Can he get past the history of flip flopping, Romneycare and the inability to beat John McCain or Mike Huckabee in 2008?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He's a mormon, that right there will eliminate the jesus/evangelical vote making him virtually unelectable.
Yep! The extreme intolerance of the evangelical right will pretty much make any of the GOP presidential candidates unelectable this next election!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
His healthcare bill failed in MA, i think hes learned from it while it may not have gotten him good publicity or a good rep you shouldnt discount he has alot of good views i guess. I mean in comparison to Mccain or palin hes actually got alot of good views.
Like what?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:37 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
The fact he is Mormon means nothing to me. The fact he is from Mass is the end of him for me.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
mitt thinks it ok to put a dog in a carrier and strap it to the roof of his car for a 12 hour car ride the man seems to be a lacking a few brain cells not to mention compassion.
"''They're not happy that my dog loves fresh air,'"--Mitt Romney, grade-A a**hole!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies