Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times

Advertisements

I say SURE! Why not? If the person is qualified, represents my views, and can win the election, I'd support their attempt wholeheartedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 11:52 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The thread topic is a useless question because women are too emotional to run a country
Australia currently has a female Prime Minister and New Zealand had two consecutive female Prime Ministers from 1997 - 2008. Ireland currently has a female President, and Germany has a female Chancellor.

They are but a few among many female current and former heads of government.

I really doubt these women are "too emotional" to run their countries.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times
Default SOME PEOPLE think

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The thread topic is a useless question because women are too emotional to run a country
WEMen are too emotional to run the country.........?....Firstly without women there would be no country...............sounds like men are logical and calm? READ YOUR AMERICAN HISTORY......It was a KING who pushed the Young nation to the brink And men who massacred Red coats in the middle of the night in Boston HARBOUR and other place.PI'ED OFF.....Masculine emotion may look different, I will agree, but a determined women, educated, experienced..........can not be overlooked.............emotional men drink to much , and use drug to hide and stuff.........just like us all. WHAT WAS A MOB............in the old west..........what are the chicken livered politicians of Wisconsin up to..Poor up bringing sometimes effects the way people try to deal with problems,,,or run from them........some times we are stronger,smarter richer and better because of assumed family ties..Women take on that job with a vengeance...they just want give up. After all many battles are won by people who are smart and will not give up. Don't let my wife hear you say women are weak.............she might do something so you can live more like a women

Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
I kind of chuckle at the image of G.W. "He tried to kill my Daddy" Bush as standard bearer for male stability and resolve under fire. I also chuckle at the self-assured and definitive assessments of Obama's presidency by individuals who have not the slightest inkling of the behind the scenes of what said Presidency entails. Clinton isn't tarnished by anything Obama has done, certainly not in the way Rebublican candidates in 2008 were tarnished by the Bush years. LOL. Y'all kill me!

H

Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Arrow right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
THUMBS DOWN is "Sign of disapproval" ....
dig it

Old 03-09-2011, 04:00 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Is America ready for a female president? Yes, we are, but not a dumb bunny, gun-toting, moose shooting woman.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Wait Things are already Sreewedup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""It is when women try to be men and men try to be women that things start getting screwed. """

Or when women get "uppity" and think they're equal and should have equal rights????
.....Over stepping occurs but looks different at different levels of education, statis, rank, and gender .but it is not exclusive to the female. Some times it actually works and sometime not. Sometimes we applaud.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Default Let's see she's .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I honestly don't care if the candidate is male or female. I'll be curious to see though, if a conservative woman would get any votes from democrats. The amount of vitriol directed at Palin from the lefties is crazy.
hated by the left.........but is she loved by the right.........no not really!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
On the other hand, if Skippy had turned out to be decent, instead of the train wreck that he is...she might have been a shoo-in for prez in 2016.
In 2016, Hillary will be 69 years old. I think it's all over for her becoming pres.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 PM

688 posts, read 1,247,354 times
Age discrimination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies