Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 10:45 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Tell us about the cables?

On an account linked to my e-mail address and risk my chance for a governemnt job? In your dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 AM

694 posts, read 745,083 times
You say that as though we knew that was the case. If the cables are public, which most everything is anymore, what difference does it make.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I would possibly vote for a woman for president so long as they were left of center, if not completely leftist, politicians. I would never vote for Coulter, Palin or Clinton.

IMHO it is the policies, not the personalities or gender, that count.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.
I honestly don't care if the candidate is male or female. I'll be curious to see though, if a conservative woman would get any votes from democrats. The amount of vitriol directed at Palin from the lefties is crazy.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:16 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
.......2-6 years and you get your wish...........What I am afraid of if there is a back room agreement that favors Obama. If No-one steps up to challenge Palin, it makes me wonder how bad the republicans want it.
Obama may get re-elected. Stranger things have happened. If one was to evaluate his chances based on performance, he would not stand a snow balls chance in hell. However, apparently that is not how people vote.

Palin WILL NOT be the republican candidate. Too many republicans (myself included) would never support her. She is not widely favored by the money people in our state, which goes first for the primaries. Who WILL BE the republican candidate? I don't know- but I can tell you it will not be Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Didn't take long for that old myth to pop it's ridiculous head up!

Which means only intelligent people are perfectly fine with a woman president.

Boehner, MALE REPUBLICAN Speaker of the House blubbers like a baby if he's so much as asked for his address.

Are you fine with this????????

Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Hillary is pulling Obama's strings like Cheney did with Bush so one could argue we already have a female president.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 AM

694 posts, read 745,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The amount of vitriol directed at Palin from the lefties is crazy.
This, I believe, is because Palin is mostly what the libs like in women. She is intelligent, independent and strong willed. They "hate" her, I believe, because she is what they want in a woman, but she is operating against them. To the libs, women are supposed to be either Dems or horribly downtroden and suppressed by their men. This is BS, of course, but that seems to be what the libs want people to think about conservative women.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,165 times
All of the candidates that make it to the primary are internationalist. They don't care about the U.S. citizens as anything but chattel....we're pawns in their game! Wake up.

Quote:
.....who do you think they are for?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
This, I believe, is because Palin is mostly what the libs like in women. She is intelligent, independent and strong willed. They "hate" her, I believe, because she is what they want in a woman, but she is operating against them. To the libs, women are supposed to be either Dems or horribly downtroden and suppressed by their men. This is BS, of course, but that seems to be what the libs want people to think about conservative women.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Since you refuse to acknowledge the fact that men are emotional could you at least think about these questions?:

How can you respect the advice of a woman if you can't respect her enough to have her lead?

How do you think men have done so far in "leading" the world?

Have they done a good job??

They've had about 10,000 years of leading so everything should be just perfect with their "superior" leadership....right???? RIGHT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies