Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times

Advertisements

I thought Obama was supposed to stop these things from happening?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

"The makers of Skippy peanut butter have announced a limited recall of two of its peanut butter spreads due to fears that it was contaminated with salmonella.

The recall, announced Friday, affects only Skippy's reduced Fat Creamy and Super Chunk spreads with use-by dates between May 16 and May 21.
The affected products were shipped to 16 states"

Illinois part of Skippy peanut butter recall - Chicago Breaking News

Last edited by tonythetuna; 03-06-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:58 PM

It was all Bush's fault a few years ago. Whose is it now?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
And, isn't the very agency charged with inspections the very agency that Republican are attempting to defund? Isn't it the proposed new inspection regime that the Republicans have been fighting tooth and nail?

Just to help out, the answer to the two question is yes, so let's stop playing the game of blaming Obama for actions on the part of the Federal government that you oppose in the first place.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I like how people blame whoever they like without bothering to pay attention to anything else.

The act was passed Jan 4th, 2011. FDA Food Safety Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The shelf life of peanut butter is on average 9 months. Can Peanut Butter Go Bad? | Life's Little Mysteries

For skippy/Jiff/Peter Pan peanut butter, pasteurized and full of preservatives, is 18 months.
What is the shelf life of skippy peanut butter when you order it in bulk quanities?

Kind of makes me happy I eat organic peanut butter.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
so let's stop playing the game of blaming Obama for actions on the part of the Federal government that you oppose in the first place.
When and where did I say I oppose the Federal government?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
It was all Bush's fault a few years ago. Whose is it now?
Don't be silly; it's all still Bush's fault.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,288 times
Quote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

"The makers of Skippy peanut butter have announced a limited recall of two of its peanut butter spreads due to fears that it was contaminated with salmonella.

The recall, announced Friday, affects only Skippy's reduced Fat Creamy and Super Chunk spreads with use-by dates between May 16 and May 21.
The affected products were shipped to 16 states"

Illinois part of Skippy peanut butter recall - Chicago Breaking News
A few days ago I sent an email to the White House concerning odd lumps I had in my jar of Skippy. After all, such things have got to be the president's fault, right? Then I realized that I'd mistakenly bought the crunchy brand and the lumps were peanut chunks. But earlier today I had a wheel fall off my computer chair, a chair that was only three months old. Undeterred by my peanut butter misjudgement, I fired off another White House-bound email. Let's see him get out of that one.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Don't be silly; it's all still Bush's fault.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I don't understand the fuss. So what if peanut butter has some salmonella in it? After all, salmon is supposed to be very good for you (oils and such) and I suppose that salmonella simply means little or baby salmon, or some of the more 'delicate' pieces of the fish.

True, I prefer my peanut butter without any fish parts in it at all. However, I am not adverse to my chunky peanut butter being made up of small chunks of salmon, although I would much prefer fried catfish (I'm a southerner, you know).

I guess that Skippy should put on the jars "Warning! This peanut butter is processed in a plant that also processes fish; some intermingling may occur".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies