Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Will: Too much GOP weirdness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Meant to add from Newsday:

"Don't you think it's fair also to ask (Barack Obama) . . . how come we don't have a health record, we don't have a college record . . . Why, Mr. Obama, did you spend millions of dollars in courts all over this country to defend against having to present a birth certificate? It's one thing to say, I've - you've seen it, goodbye. But why go to court and send lawyers to defend against having to show it? Don't you think we deserve to know more about this man?"
Huckabee should have replied, "I've seen paranoia, goodbye." Instead, he said: "I would love to know more. What I know is troubling enough. And one thing that I do know is his having grown up in Kenya ..."

Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I read that. Good column.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 PM

22,919 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Couldn't read the article because I'm not a subscriber, but I take it this was about Huckabee's latest ramble about Obama.

"Weird" doesn't even begin to describe it. I certainly don't agree with all of Huckabee's politics, but he always struck me as a nice man. Watching that rambling, nonsensical diatribe was just sad. Those 2 minutes killed any chance he ever had of being President.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Couldn't read the article because I'm not a subscriber, but I take it this was about Huckabee's latest ramble about Obama.

"Weird" doesn't even begin to describe it. I certainly don't agree with all of Huckabee's politics, but he always struck me as a nice man. Watching that rambling, nonsensical diatribe was just sad. Those 2 minutes killed any chance he ever had of being President.
YOu can google it. It's a syndicated column; was in my local paper and also the Denver Post today.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Huckabee has zero chance of being elected president. Just like Guiliani, Romney, Palin, and Gingrich.

As for Obama's background, who cares? He's done enough dumb things in his 2 years in office that I can't understand why any potential challenger would want to dig up things that happened in Obama's youth.

Not to mention, the Republican challenger will have to run against both Obama AND the liberal media AGAIN.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Huckabee has zero chance of being elected president. Just like Guiliani, Romney, Palin, and Gingrich.

As for Obama's background, who cares? He's done enough dumb things in his 2 years in office that I can't understand why any potential challenger would want to dig up things that happened in Obama's youth.

Not to mention, the Republican challenger will have to run against both Obama AND the liberal media AGAIN.
How are the media soooo liberal when every time a liberal here posts a Rachel Maddow clip the retort is that MSNBC has such terrible ratings?

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
How are the media soooo liberal when every time a liberal here posts a Rachel Maddow clip the retort is that MSNBC has such terrible ratings?
Just because a channel has no ratings, that doesnt mean they arent liberal..

The KKK has no followers, but according to your rationality, they arent racist..

MSNBC has such terrible ratings BECAUSE they are left wing kook liberals.. They dont even lean left, they are way out there in kookville...

Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was given one of George Will's books once. I started reading and found that it had too many big words. Words like clastitically, hybranonglastic, and diligentical. As in, "He proceeded with diligentical ease". But I was able to put the book in plain sight were anyone visiting my place can see it and think I've read it.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I was given one of George Will's books once. I started reading and found that it had too many big words. Words like clastitically, hybranonglastic, and diligentical. As in, "He proceeded with diligentical ease". But I was able to put the book in plain sight were anyone visiting my place can see it and think I've read it.
Hmmm. I can't get enough of reading his stuff. Yea, it comes off as a bit pedantic, but he's so damn clever, that he's compelling even when i don't agree with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies