Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
You ask if "only the poorer people should be given free money. . "

First, money is not "free" someone has to pay for it. Hello taxpayers!

Secondly shouldn't you have just said "only the poorer should be given money? Isn't "given free money" redundant?

Why should anyone be given money? Help them out yes, teach them how to be responsible. Teach them how to earn a living, stay on a budget. But giving them (free) money does nothing but reinforce dependency and the expectation that someone is going to take care of them.
I agree with all of this. I believe in giving a "hand up, not a hand out." There are probably plenty of lazy greedy welfare hoarders, but they can't do as much damage as the welfare class of corporations. Many of whom buy out countless of spineless politicians who in turn give them kickbacks at the rate of billions and billions, if not trillions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Greed is one thing. To expect others to give you a handout and to take care of you is beyond greedy. It is selfish and immature and downright lazy. Yes. Lazy.

Someone might be considered greedy and work hard and try to make more and more money. You might say they are greedy but they are working hard and making an honest dollar. Why do the liberals resent them and want to take their money?
Maybe because they are unable to attain their goals financially and personally?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree. The people who do not pay income taxes are greedy. They want more and more benefits and money that they did not earn. Their greed is insatiable.

Liberal politicians have fostered this greed by giving more and more benefits in exchange for votes. Now the bag of treats is empty and the liberals have little, if anything, to offer in exchange for votes.
I know! It's disgusting. These worthless scum want to be able to eat and all that kind of nonsense. They are not worthy, I tell you. Certainly not like you and I, huh Hawk? After all we pay for all of it.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Default Clumsy deflection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
So, if I earn much more than you do, I am not actually earning it, I am stealing fit rom you? I can't steal it from you if you don't have it.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
But it serves to make your agenda obvious.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I am not addressing the rich. I am talking about the greed of the poorer classes. Does only the greed of the rich matter to you?

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Maybe if you gave an actual example, the topic could be discussed better.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM

694 posts, read 745,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Fact of the matter is most people are greedy, it does not have anything to do with with being rich, poor or middleclass. It is a survical instinct that serves us well at times and has downsides at others. Keep in mind that the mess we are in today has a lot to do with greed. Big Business in their betting that the market would stay at abonormally high levels and by speculating on high houseing prices and giving loans they know they should not have. Greed on the part of those buying homes that they had no business buying in the first place.
Yes, we are greedy by nature, some more so than others, now that we have that estabished everyone can go back to blaming each other for their greed.

Ever see George Carlins "Stuff" it is very telling, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Casper
Thank You very much. That was just too damned Funny!!! Too bad he is gone.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yeah!

Those greedy poor folks!

If they were just smart enough to be born into millionaire families instead of poverty, America would be SO much better off.
Greed isnt determined by the amount of wealth you have..

Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
I am not addressing the rich. I am talking about the greed of the poorer classes. Does only the greed of the rich matter to you?

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
In what way are poor people 'greedy'. You make no sense. To me the greedy ones are the rich, for whom no amount is enough. If you have millions in the bank, it is only greed that makes you want more. If, on the other hand, your job doesn't pay enough to cover your bills and your clothes are wearing out and your car just barely lasts from month to month, I surely don't see it as 'greedy' to ask for help.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Greed isnt determined by the amount of wealth you have..

Right wing anger is wholly determined by the amount of poverty their targets of scorn have, though.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Right wing anger is wholly determined by the amount of poverty their targets of scorn have, though.
Why would right wingers, (who you claim to be "rich") be angered by those who are in poverty and have nothing? That makes no sense.. At least no more sense than you pretending the left isnt angered by the amount of property/assets your targets have.. Heck, you started your first posting here displaying the amount of anger you have for "millionaires"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies