Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,772,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Liberals.. changing the subject..

It doesnt matter if people read the bill or not.. The discussion of the thread is a $105,464,000,000. This would exist with, or without people reading it. I'd like to know what sectiion they are referring to though so I can read it myself.
It is dispersed throughout the Law regarding the funding of various portions of implementation. Nothing hidden, just required reading and comprehension. The issue is just "Airhead" Bachmann's attempt to create a hot button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is dispersed throughout the Law regarding the funding of various portions of implementation. Nothing hidden, just required reading and comprehension. The issue is just "Airhead" Bachmann's attempt to create a hot button.
You or I reading the bill has no affect upon the context of the bill, nor does it change the cost.. Asking private citizens if they read the bill is changing the subect. We elect Congress to read the bill for us so we dont have to.. Many of us do.. Yes, but even if not one single individual in america read the bill, does the cost of the bill change? No.. So stop pretending that people reading the bill changes the results of it because it doesnt..

The question thats important for this thread is, does the $105,464,000,000 exist, and if it does, then what do you think about it, or who is to blame..

Any attempt to divert this into a discussion about "I read the bill" (when clearly no one did before it was voted on because you couldnt) is just a hijacking of the thread because you dont want to discuss the issue at hand.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It's the cost of attempting to repair the severe damage that we are experiencing as a result of Bush/Republican health care neglect.
LOL it is bushes fault......

Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM

76,833 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Quote:
Listen who's talking.. The price of HC will go up 10% WITH Obamacare, than if Obama had done NOTHING..

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...0-Premiums.pdf

[SIZE=3]Average premiums per policy in the nongroup market in 2016 would be roughly $5,800 for single policies and $15,200 for family policies under the proposal, compared with roughly $5,500 for single policies and $13,100 for family policies under current law.[/SIZE][SIZE=1]4[/SIZE][SIZE=3]The weighted average of the differences in those amounts equals the change of 10 percent to 13 percent in the average premium [/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]per person [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]summarized above, but the percentage increase in the average premium [/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]per policy [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]for family policies is larger and that for single policies is smaller because the average number of people covered per family policy is estimated to increase under the proposal. The effects on the premiums paid by some individuals and families could vary significantly from the average effects on premiums. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Those figures indicate what enrollees would pay, on average, not accounting for the new federal subsidies. The majority of nongroup enrollees (about 57 percent) would receive subsidies via the new insurance exchanges, and those subsidies, on average, would cover nearly two-thirds of the total premium, CBO and JCT

The bill does nothing but SPEED it up.. Per the CBO again.. Who is to blame for you know knowing this? Ooh thats right.. yourself..
If my policy goes up only $300 in six years, I will want to personally shake the hands of the people who voted for it. Thanks for the info. It also seems like people in the 'small group' and 'large group' will see their premiums go down. For employment based policies, the change would be 1-2%, and for large groups there would be a decrease. If these findings are correct, the bill is a success.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If my policy goes up only $300 in six years, I will want to personally shake the hands of the people who voted for it. Thanks for the info. It also seems like people in the 'small group' and 'large group' will see their premiums go down. For employment based policies, the change would be 1-2%. If these findings are correct, the bill is a success.
Thats $300 MORE than it would have WITHOUT it.. Its not $300 more in total..

It would have been on average $5500 if Obama did NOTHING
Now it will be on average $5800 Because of Obamacare

First you were complaining about prices going up, now you are celebrating it going up MORE than if he had done absolutely nothing..

You are either being very hipocritical complaining about costs increasing while celebrating an even HIGHER cost because of Obamacare, or you dont comprehend..

Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You or I reading the bill has no affect upon the context of the bill, nor does it change the cost.. Asking private citizens if they read the bill is changing the subect. We elect Congress to read the bill for us so we dont have to.. Many of us do.. Yes, but even if not one single individual in america read the bill, does the cost of the bill change? No.. So stop pretending that people reading the bill changes the results of it because it doesnt..

The question thats important for this thread is, does the $105,464,000,000 exist, and if it does, then what do you think about it, or who is to blame..

Any attempt to divert this into a discussion about "I read the bill" (when clearly no one did before it was voted on because you couldnt) is just a hijacking of the thread because you dont want to discuss the issue at hand.
It covers 8 yrs of implementation and the funding for that. It is and has been in the Law and access to the specifics, fully available for our Representatives to read. I am quite sure all did well prior to voting on it. At least I would hope they did. I have no idea why you keep saying it was impossible to read prior to voting on it. The $105bil is in the Law appropriately as it goes to how the Law will be implemented. I give the credit for doing that to the authors of the Law.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It covers 8 yrs of implementation and the funding for that. It is and has been in the Law and access to the specifics, fully available for our Representatives to read. I am quite sure all did well prior to voting on it. At least I would hope they did. I have no idea why you keep saying it was impossible to read prior to voting on it. The $105bil is in the Law appropriately as it goes to how the Law will be implemented. I give the credit for doing that to the authors of the Law.
so where is this cost savings coming from?

Old 03-08-2011, 02:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Liberals.. changing the subject..

It doesnt matter if people read the bill or not.. The discussion of the thread is a $105,464,000,000. This would exist with, or without people reading it. I'd like to know what sectiion they are referring to though so I can read it myself.
The thing that bothers me about bob's howling is that he doesn't seem to know that not one Republican voted for that bill. The Dems bragged that they could pass it alone and sure enough did so. Someday bob will be saying that those Republicans who voted for it should have read it, but didn't.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
President Skippy signed it. He's accountable.
Well, yes he is but he didn't read it either. Just took their word about what was there and was getting what he had promised so he had to sign it.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The thing that bothers me about bob's howling is that he doesn't seem to know that not one Republican voted for that bill. The Dems bragged that they could pass it alone and sure enough did so. Someday bob will be saying that those Republicans who voted for it should have read it, but didn't.
In have said many times, they all read it or had their staffs do it and report. If you think otherwise, you are indeed, foolish. Why would I think any of them voted for it. It was disappointing to see that none would veer from their assigned position, but that was, and still is, the Kristol plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies