Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:20 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Was it in the bill? Could you read the bill before it passed?

How in the blue hell is that a "fast one"?
Of course, the number of hours given to the Congress persons to read that huge number of pages before voting for it allowed them to find things like that. Keep trying to defend them as it gets more humorous as you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Check with the CBO
bob, there is a chance that you haven't seen the sound bite of Sebelius being taken to the wood shed. Why don't you try to understand that the CBO has to work with the info they are given and it wasn't much truth this time.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its in the bill is it not?

If you can't understand the wording, then its still not "hiding it" or slipping in the back door, or lying to the American people, its still there.

Republican congressmen can read, right? Why didn't they bring it up when it was on the floor?
You don't really think that Nasty Nancy allowed enough debate for them to bring it up if one of them got lucky and found it. With 2900 pages each of them in the House would have had to be responsible for 29 pages to find it and then they would have had to find a way to "bring it up" on the floor when she didn't allow them to debate.

Yep, she said we have to vote on it to find out what is in it and not one Republican voted for it.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Why would I, and several other people I know, have been able to read the Bill before it was passed, and others couldn't? I have always wondered about that.
How many people read the whole thing before it was passed? After passage, maybe but not before.

Bachmann keeps saying that the part that provided that money, that has already been spent, was added the night before the voting took place. The part of it that bothers me most was the number of non-Senate members who attended the meetings to write this thing in Dirty Harry's offices with the doors locked to all Republican Senators.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The price of HC has more than doubled since 2001. Let's hope the bill will slow it down some. The bill being a never ending discussion in 2009, so if you didn't familiarize yourself with the topic, then there is only yourself to blame.
Listen who's talking.. The price of HC will go up 10% WITH Obamacare, than if Obama had done NOTHING..

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...0-Premiums.pdf

[SIZE=3]Average premiums per policy in the nongroup market in 2016 would be roughly $5,800 for single policies and $15,200 for family policies under the proposal, compared with roughly $5,500 for single policies and $13,100 for family policies under current law.[/SIZE][SIZE=1]4[/SIZE][SIZE=3]The weighted average of the differences in those amounts equals the change of 10 percent to 13 percent in the average premium [/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]per person [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]summarized above, but the percentage increase in the average premium [/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]per policy [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3]for family policies is larger and that for single policies is smaller because the average number of people covered per family policy is estimated to increase under the proposal. The effects on the premiums paid by some individuals and families could vary significantly from the average effects on premiums. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Those figures indicate what enrollees would pay, on average, not accounting for the new federal subsidies. The majority of nongroup enrollees (about 57 percent) would receive subsidies via the new insurance exchanges, and those subsidies, on average, would cover nearly two-thirds of the total premium, CBO and JCT

The bill does nothing but SPEED it up.. Per the CBO again.. Who is to blame for you know knowing this? Ooh thats right.. yourself..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-08-2011 at 10:46 AM..

Old 03-08-2011, 10:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many people read the whole thing before it was passed? After passage, maybe but not before.

Bachmann keeps saying that the part that provided that money, that has already been spent, was added the night before the voting took place. The part of it that bothers me most was the number of non-Senate members who attended the meetings to write this thing in Dirty Harry's offices with the doors locked to all Republican Senators.
If people didn't read it, who's fault is that? Online access to the House Bill, and the Senate Bill, was available several weeks. The Reconciliation bill was available several days. So please, tell why it couldn't have been read.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Why would I, and several other people I know, have been able to read the Bill before it was passed, and others couldn't? I have always wondered about that.
no.. several people you know read the proposed bill before it was passed.. The only way they could have read the actual bill is if they stayed up all night reading the bill as disclosed which was voted on, and they were some type of major speed reader who could read 2400 pages in a matter of a few hours..

Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Have you ever read it ? But repuvblicans did right to not vite for it. Democrats admitted they didn't/. I thnik when people really see what it goig to cost them to buy insurance and the state bil for their protion of medicaid increased nubers i the bill ;they will realise the actul coat to them personally.They will realise why Nelsen(D) of nebraska insisted on an exception to medicaid increase cost for his state to vote for it.Its like voting for obama base3d ohis promise to claose getmo i on eyear;he said it but had no idea now to really do it.Much like his stimulus plan that would be for infrastrcuture and jobs keeping unemployemnt at or below 8%. Rehtoric pure and simple because he like Cminton and biden warned was not ready for the cheif executive psoiton in this country.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
If people didn't read it, who's fault is that? Online access to the House Bill, and the Senate Bill, was available several weeks. The Reconciliation bill was available several days. So please, tell why it couldn't have been read.
Liberals.. changing the subject..

It doesnt matter if people read the bill or not.. The discussion of the thread is a $105,464,000,000. This would exist with, or without people reading it. I'd like to know what sectiion they are referring to though so I can read it myself.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I blame Reid and Pelosi more than Obama for this one since it was them that inserted all that crap and then didn't let the Congress read the bill before no Republicans voted for it.
President Skippy signed it. He's accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies