Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Bullies have been around forever and probably always will be. Thats life, the majority of us make it through just fine so who cares.

If kids are killing themselves over bullying then they obviously had mental issues in the first place. Maybe this is God's way of thinning the herd.

Call me a cold, homophobic bigot, I don't really care.

All the pro gay folks on here throw it around so much homophobic has lost all meaning to me.
About the first bolded - did you ever stop to think that maybe the bullying itself is the source of any mental problems someone might have had? Especially if no one in 'authority' is bothering to squelch that bullying. That those circumstances just might be what gives the victim the idea, first that life isn't worth living and that he/she must not be 'good enough' to continue living?

And if God feels "the herd" needs thinning, I'm sure He has other means at His disposal - floods, tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes and such. This Christian simply refuses to believe God would deliberately allow any human being to suffer so much that they would take their own life. That's how MAN works, not God.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I have no problem with that--we need to stop bullying for whatever reason.

My dad didn't "choose" to be an alcoholic, either. But he is one. It doesn't mean I should just accept him drinking a case of beer a day. Thankfully he stopped drinking when he hit rock bottom a few years ago.

I don't have an irrational fear of homosexuals. In fact, I would consider it quite loving to warn a person and caution them against behavior that is bad for them. Can you say the same? Or are you so scared of them that you'll let them continue in their immoral/hurtful behavior?

Sometimes kids do some really horrible things. If your kid doesn't bathe and gets made fun of because he smells, do you encourage him to just be himself? Or do you make him bathe and comb his hair?

Honestly...being a kid is hard enough.
Perhaps you have an irrational fear of learning the "facts" about homosexuality?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalemialee View Post
whatever issue the gays have it's because they brought it on themselves need i say more and beleive me you have just as many gay blacks and just as many gay muslims as white we're all human and humans fear what they don't understand and reject what they fear
"Brought it on themselves"? What the hell? Did the gay teen ASK for his classmates to attack him? Did he/she go out and demand that he/she be mistreated? I think you need to explain your declaration,

Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Such is life. There will be times when any of us will get singled out by group of people for being different, for any number of reasons. We just learn to live with it. It could be that a bunch of libs find out you are a conservative, and make it their mission in life to harass you.

One guy i know who bought a Hummer, and it was too wide to fit in his garage, so he parked it in the street over night, until he had time to rearrange his garage. He woke up in the morning, and the tires on his Hummer were slashed, by some greenie neighbor of his. We gonna have laws to protect people like him?
We already do - they're called anti-damage laws. If you can prove who did it, the courts can make them pay to repair the damage.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
So you took the bait. Called me a homophobic bigot even thought I didn't say anything homophobic. I may have said go ahead and call me one but I didn't warrant anything to deserve it.

Just goes to show you that if you don't roll out the red carpet for homosexuals and sing their praises, you must surely hate them.

You said you were both obese and poor. Well then maybe you should fight against bullies that target the obese and the poor. I'm sure there are 10 obese kids getting picked on for every gay kid that gets bullied. X2 if you count the poor as well. I don't hear anything about that, though.
Maybe we should fight to end ALL bullying - for ANY reason it happens. Whether it be in school or anywhere else in life.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Are the Homosexuals enslaved? tortured? these are a few kids being picked on, many kids get picked on because they are fat, skinny, geeky or a number of reasons, learning how to deal with it is part of life it doesn't end with childhood if a person doesn't deal with it as a child they wont when they are an adult.
Homosexuals are tortured in numerous countries around the world. That is why gays fight so hard here. If the US wants to "lead the world" then maybe we want to show gays who are suffering in other countries that there is a better place to be, where people will accept you for who you are and the content of your character.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The facts show that gays are the victims of 3-4% of violent crimes. They make up 8-10% ofthe population.

The "gay issue" is overblown.

P.S. Lots of people have been the targets of hateful people for a long time. Nothing special about a gay person.

Where are you getting your statistics from? Gays are the most likely group to be victims of hate crimes, even more than Muslims. 18% of hate crimes in 2009 were against gays, not 3-4%.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Gay bullying is the new made-up issue of the day.

Gays will lie about anything to get "equal" rights. It's pathetic.
It's not just gays who are being bullied but anyone percieved to be gay or feminine even if they are not. This is a big deal and it spreads far beyond the gay community.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You cannot have a rationale debate without some people resorting to insults, name calling, deflecting, using politics to divide people.....so How can we expect them to teach their children right from wrong.
I'm afraid a very large part of the problem is the differing opinions on just what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'. If someone thinks homosexuality is 'wrong' - for whatever reason they think that - you simply cannot convince them that it's wrong to degrade them. And many times they don't see their words and actions as degrading, but 'enlightening'. I really have no solutions to offer, but I think maybe we (those of us who fight for human dignity) need to look at all sides of this situation a bit closer.

(My brain just went into overdrive and I have too many thoughts swirling around in there to post them coherently right now.)

Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stopping time on here.

Gays are not inflating numbers, I explained why it is hard to measure and where the 8-10% number comes from.

Suicide rates increase due to increased bullying.

Homosexuality is normal, it may not be the majority but it is normal.

It's very repugnant to not treat this as a serious issue when suicide among gay teens is quite high, as well as running away from home.

Fostering a culture of acceptance can alleviate these things. Simply dismissing them on basis of your personal bias or for political reasons is harmful and essential a big F U to kids that just want to live to their life.
Or being kicked out of your home because your parents won't accept a 'dirty gay' child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies