Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
How about just to let them know that their attempts at 'setting him up' with someone of the opposite sex is futile. I've been friends for several years with several gay men and lesbians. I still don't know "what they like to do behind closed doors" any more than they know what I like to do behind closed doors.
Thing is, results of coming out are NOT 'always negative'. Nor should they be.

And, based on this post, I get the feeling you're one who won't even tolerate gays, much less accept the fact that someone is gay. You remind me of my mother-in-law who was so intolerant that it took her over thirty years to admit that she had a homosexual brother - and then only because I wanted to know who the boy in a childhood picture with my husband was. She had so closed off her mind to the fact of that brother, she didn't even know he had died 15 years before then!

Maybe not, but you can teach tolerance to your children. You can teach your children to treat others the way they themselves want to be treated. And, BTW, this normal heterosexual person sees nothing 'sick' or 'wrong' about homosexuality.

I get the feeling you're not as tolerant as you would like us to believe. Best teacher I ever had was a gay substitute math teacher. He was able to get me to understand equations in a way the regular teacher never could. Of course, at the time we didn't know he was gay. I found that out a few years later when his sister lived in the same apartment building I did. (In the '60s when I was in high school, admitting to being homosexual could very well have cost him his life!)
That's terrible about your mother-in-law......not even knowing and/or caring about her brother passing away......sounds like my sister.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Name calling from a gay guy, doesn’t surprise me. I am not afraid of you. I would gladly debate this with a cup of coffee on the same couch if you want. I don’t see how the word “phobia” would fit in here. Maybe you are afraid/terrorized from those who oppose to you and don’t cheer for you?

Gay man sues publishers over Bible verses - USATODAY.com

For a church to preach that homosexuality is a sin, goes against nature, etc. it’s hate? How about hate for gays to sue churches for not cheering for them? Live and let live. If religions around the world won’t cheer for you then make your own religion. How about joining the Satanic church? They have said they totally support gays and other preferences/orientations out there. Makes more sense than trying to change a religion, sue them, redefine that religion, etc. It’s like a steak-loving person going to a vegetarian organization and trying to make them eat stake. Gays talk about respecting differences and all, well, respect religious organizations and stay away if you can’t take it. Respect goes both ways, not just to gays as they make it seem.

But that is what they don’t show. Forcing a guy in the military to accept him and be totally cool about him sharing the same showers, restrooms, barracks, etc.? that is a total disrespect of privacy. I know I know “but they will not rape another man just because they are gay…they won’t be staring necessarily in the showers at other men…you are just afraid…” ok ok ok, using that same gay line how about having a guy around women in their showers, restrooms, barracks, etc.? Doesn’t mean that he will run like a maniac and rape all women in there. He can be respectful and mind his own business. If women don’t accept men around them does it make them men-phobic or hateful?

Just like other so called sexual preferences/orientations, right?

A teenager is not a child. It’s more harmful for a gay to have sex with another one considering how gays have always had the highest percentage of AIDS. Now that is harmful not only for a man but for children too. Do the math. Gays have the highest percentage of AIDS, they pass it to bi guys, and it goes on and on. Sure, AIDS is not a “gay disease” but it is dominant among gay men. Remember the bird flu in Asia? We can’t really say back then that the bird flu was “an Asian disease”, nope, but it was predominant among Asians and since Asians come and go and are the predominant race in the world they would come and go and spread it around. I think you get the idea.
In reference to your last sentence........Don't worry anyone and everyone reading this thread gets the IDEA about your views and "where you are coming from"!!!!!!

Beyond Homophobia

Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
That's terrible about your mother-in-law......not even knowing and/or caring about her brother passing away......sounds like my sister.
Well, she came about it 'naturally' - she was one of 15 siblings and all of them ignored the fact that there was that 15th. As far as they were concerned, there were only 14. Even the one who did the family tree on ancestry.com never mentioned him. :-(

Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Well THANKYOU.......but seriously WE all have far more in common than the few things that may divide us. You like movies....I love the older flicks for instance. You love music....I'm crazy about it and have many music threads here.

Frankly their posting has betrayed the hateful hearts within them and their dark souls......for all to see and read. They have indirectly helped LGBT people by showing the type of rhetoric we must endure on a daily basis. God help them to find their way out of the "hate well", that they have dug for themselves.
Just to clarify - I don't mean that I don't have much in common with gays because I don't like them or that we are that different as human beings... I used to have a lot of gay friends but they always wanted to do other social stuff so now I have maybe one gay friend left... I'm socially out of touch with them now and am not really influenced by them... is all...

I've definitely lost Christian friends over this issue. They have shown their true hateful face and it really disgusts me. I seriously do not know how people can be that hateful or controlling! I think maybe there is a special place in hell for them.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
The child did not come to this world with a man/man or woman/woman couple. Life exists in this world thanks to a male/female, a sperm and an egg, a plug for the socket. Not a socket for the socket and a plug for the plug. Heck, even same polarities repel each other.
Your grasp of biology and physics is exquisite. But this thread isn't about biology or physics. Bullying would be a psychological or sociological issue.

Back on the sub-topic:
Bugguy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy
People in general, even children, instinctually know what is natural and what isn't.
I responded by saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok
So, ask a child who has never been told (conditioned) otherwise if it is 'natural' for a man and woman to put their tongues in each other's mouths.
To which you responded:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC
Explain to the child how he came to this world and then tell them about a gay or lesbian couple.
Children quickly learn, or it is perhaps innate, to avoid other people's bodily fluids. They are then conditioned to accept that there are times when it is ok to share saliva, semen and vaginal secretions (there should be a better word for this). Usually this conditioning comes in the form of something like, "when a mommy and daddy really love each other the kiss".

So, kids don't instinctually know, as you and bugguy claim, that heterosexuality is 'normal' and homosexuality 'isn't'. They are taught.

Quote:
But guess what, a law can be REDEFINED and changed just like gays have done up to today when it comes to unions, laws, rights, and so on. If they can do it, why not other so called preferences/orientations? Back in the day a gay could say “I want to get rights and privileges to marry another man/woman (gay couples)” and the answer that person got was that it was illegal and now look at the situation? Gays have advanced quite a bit. They have paved the way for other preferences/orientations. You say “a child cannot give consent…its illegal…” why not let those loving couples also march for their rights to have laws, rules, rights, unions, etc. also REDEFINED?
Of course laws can be changed. US laws regarding adult/minor, age of consent, etc probably could use some redefining and looking at.

disclaimer: No, I'm not saying that a 13 year old should be able to give consent to marry a 50 year old.

Quote:
Besides, you guys talk about celebrating diversity, respecting differences, accepting others preferences/orientations, etc., right?
What group of guys are you assuming that I am a part of? I doubt that I've ever uttered the phrase 'celebrating diversity'.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
In reference to your last sentence........Don't worry anyone and everyone reading this thread gets the IDEA about your views and "where you are coming from"!
Just reply to the points the same way I reply to the ones you guys bring to me instead of name calling which gays usually do when they don't find a way out. At least filihok and others are trying.

If you can debate this without the need of insults, name calling, hate, etc. then be my guest .

Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Yeah you are missing the point...yet again. A kid being bullied because they are xyz usually has an authority figure and society that can act as a safety net. If you're homosexual, you usually don't have that. You may not have a support system at school (many people think it's an abomination, thus why should you get the help you deserve at school?) You also have a higher likelihood that there is no support system at home. Thus, you're ostracized and in an awkward position of wondering if the people who beat you up are indeed correct. This confusion is facilitated by the media who portray homosexuals as catty effeminate people who are morally corrupt. It also is fueled by constant talk of gay marriage bans across the nation.

You amazingly missed the point yet again.
Oh so homosexual kids don't have parents or a parent, OK
It's no different for any kid who is beat up from a bully, they don't understand why either. Being bullied is wrong for any kid. You miss the point.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Your grasp of biology and physics is exquisite. But this thread isn't about biology or physics. Bullying would be a psychological or sociological issue
Yup, biology and physics are quite clear about how homosexuality is just odd against nature. As for bullying, any kind of bullying is just wrong.

Quote:
Children quickly learn, or it is perhaps innate, to avoid other people's bodily fluids. They are then conditioned to accept that there are times when it is ok to share saliva, semen and vaginal secretions (there should be a better word for this). Usually this conditioning comes in the form of something like, "when a mommy and daddy really love each other the kiss".
So you want to go back to biology? Ok…children also learn that what keeps this world spinning is a man and a woman, a sperm and an egg, a male/female species, and so on, not just love.

Quote:
Of course laws can be changed. US laws regarding adult/minor, age of consent, etc probably could use some redefining and looking at.
disclaimer: No, I'm not saying that a 13 year old should be able to give consent to marry a 50 year old
So it can be changed and redefined as gays have paved the way, but you don’t cheer for those relationships? What happened to all nice and happy gay slogans about accepting others, celebrating diversity, being open minded, being a happy loving family, etc.?
Maybe it should be “JUST celebrate gays, we are the one and only sexual preference/orientation that should be supported” instead of “celebrate diversity”, right?

Being bullied is just not right to whoever is out there. Also, nobody should receive more pity just because of certain difference or whatever reason.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Just to clarify - I don't mean that I don't have much in common with gays because I don't like them or that we are that different as human beings... I used to have a lot of gay friends but they always wanted to do other social stuff so now I have maybe one gay friend left... I'm socially out of touch with them now and am not really influenced by them... is all...

I've definitely lost Christian friends over this issue. They have shown their true hateful face and it really disgusts me. I seriously do not know how people can be that hateful or controlling! I think maybe there is a special place in hell for them.
I understand what you meant...It's cool.....I myself hate many things some other gay folks like doing. I'm more a lesbian in a gay man's body....LOL........I love football and powertools....love being outdoors and going camping etc....we are all different.

That's what I meant that everyone.....no matter race, creed, orientation, sex....etc.....has far more in common than we have differences. I try to find the commonalities, because life is too short to waste time hating and worrying about or obsessing about our differences.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Yup, biology and physics are quite clear about how homosexuality is just odd against nature. As for bullying, any kind of bullying is just wrong.

So you want to go back to biology? Ok…children also learn that what keeps this world spinning is a man and a woman, a sperm and an egg, a male/female species, and so on, not just love.

So it can be changed and redefined as gays have paved the way, but you don’t cheer for those relationships? What happened to all nice and happy gay slogans about accepting others, celebrating diversity, being open minded, being a happy loving family, etc.?
Maybe it should be “JUST celebrate gays, we are the one and only sexual preference/orientation that should be supported” instead of “celebrate diversity”, right?

Being bullied is just not right to whoever is out there. Also, nobody should receive more pity just because of certain difference or whatever reason.
Let's go back to Biology.......the vast majority of species on Earth are Asexual.....therefore Asexuality is the norm....not heterosexuality. And there are many facets to human sexuality like intersexed individuals.

Intersex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your posting style is EXTREMELY confrontational and condescending......and I'm tired of it!!!!!

Do you ever read even one link that I provide. What is your educational attainment that you presume to make so many blanket statements about gay people and our lifes?????

PLEASE POST LINKS to back up what you keep ranting about......otherwise you are simply blowing smoke up your own a**.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies