Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM

140 posts, read 298,769 times

Advertisements

I guess I listened to a different clip than some of you, I didn't hear anything that was incorrect. For years "They" have been saying the Jews control the media, in this case "They" tend to be right wing Christians. Most of ya'll have never been to a fund raising lunch/dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I said NPR's hosts did a good job when interviewing conservatives and republicans, but the same professional journalistic practices cease when the guest or caller is a liberal or a democrat.
I don't see that but I can also see what might lead you to such perceptions. When I interview people (for hiring), I do not like non-answers. As a result, if I still have an interest, I will generally dig deeper to see if they actually have a point.

An observer might see that as being "biased" against such person whereas in reality they avoided a direct response and are being asked to clarify. This happens over and over with politicians, and more so with people who promote ideas that demands less inquisitiveness. An honest, well prepared and smart person being interviewed will generally enjoy being challenged as it will bring out the best of their qualifications. They will provide the most direct response, and will be open to elaborate without raising eye brows. The weak one will wish it all to be over soon, and without being put into discomfort.

Do you think I've a point? The same applies to proper journalism. We could use more like Ed Murrow, no?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't say the 2 situations were exactly the same, I figured you guys might be smart enough to comprehend what I said. I gave a number of clear correlations and you ignore them, I'm shocked.
The only "correlation" was both were engaged in a conversation by and impostor.

Walker's revelations during his conversation were troubling. The NPR reporter had no troubling revelations.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The only "correlation" was both were engaged in a conversation by and impostor.

Walker's revelations during his conversation were troubling. The NPR reporter had no troubling revelations.
And there we have it from the ignorant and tolerant left. It's ok to accuse an huge group of people uneducated bigots and racists among other things because it fits your own personal opinion but Walker talking about the unions was wrong because you support them. Let's at least be honest, you're not able to look past your bias in this situation.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
And there we have it from the ignorant and tolerant left. It's ok to accuse an huge group of people uneducated bigots and racists among other things because it fits your own personal opinion but Walker talking about the unions was wrong because you support them. Let's at least be honest, you're not able to look past your bias in this situation.
I cannot debate you on this issue until you get the facts straight.

Walker talked about considering planting trouble makers within the protesters! Hello!

BTW, do you notice some inconsistency in your post.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
OMG...you really do not get it. Walker's phone conversation with who he thought was a Koch brother was not troubling because Walker had an "opinion" about unions. It was troubling and unethical because he is doing the bidding of big corporations as opposed to his constituency. I do understand that the right applauds the thought of the USA becoming an Oligharchy, but at least get the premise and context of Walker's phone conversation correct before comparing it to the NPR thing.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I cannot debate you on this issue until you get the facts straight.

Walker talked about considering planting trouble makers within the protesters! Hello!

BTW, do you notice some inconsistency in your post.
I simply pointed out that there are a number of similarities which is a fact, you seem to want to make what I said more than it really is. I know they aren't exactly the same but they are similar.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
OMG...you really do not get it. Walker's phone conversation with who he thought was a Koch brother was not troubling because Walker had an "opinion" about unions. It was troubling and unethical because he is doing the bidding of big corporations as opposed to his constituency. I do understand that the right applauds the thought of the USA becoming an Oligharchy, but at least get the premise and context of Walker's phone conversation correct before comparing it to the NPR thing.
I'm going by what i heard during both conversations, using your "context" would be simply stupid because I don't believe you or your bias and I think both conversations were similar in nature and should have never taken place.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Are you accusing NPR of not being "Fair and Balanced?"
I think the hosts on NPR are incapable of separating their politics from their jobs as hosts. The liberal guest and caller get a complete pass from their liberal hosts. Even their guests are chosen from liberal academia or liberal news organizations, such as the NYT, Boston Globe, LA Times, Chicago Sun-Times etc...

I want everyone to be questioned, and asked to back up their claims and reveal where they get their facts from. If someone is talking out their ass, then expose them for it. But on NPR, if you are a lib, you can pretty much get away with lies, half truths, rumors as fact and broad generalizations, because the liberal hosts will not challenge you.

For example, if you are a guest, and you make wild claims of global warming gloom and doom, the hosts will comment on how bad we have it coming. But if you express doubt that CO2 is causing global warming, the hosts and callers will treat you like someone who thinks the earth is flat, and cut you to pieces.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I simply pointed out that there are a number of similarities which is a fact, you seem to want to make what I said more than it really is. I know they aren't exactly the same but they are similar.
Okay then, I'll play.

Were both Walker and the NPR reporter acting unethically? Are these similarities, you point out, indicative of behavior that should be punished by firing both of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies