Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Barack Obama Be A One-term President?
YES 47 59.49%
NO 32 40.51%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Hummmm. Recovery, huh. Just because you are being told that we are in a recovery, doesn't make it true. I go by what I see and how my life has improved (in my case not) and how others around me has changed. Which no one that I know that has lost their jobs in the past 2 years, all except for one person, ONE, everyone else is still unemployed.
Gas prices will be even higher. Things will get worse, not better with him in office. This guy is just clueless. People know that, and will not want him back.
People hated Bush so much that they were willing to elect in a person who was a nobody, who had no expirence, and still has no idea what a president is supposed to do. The R's don't need to have anyone who is a big rockstar in order to push this guy out. They just need someone with a pulse.
I'm not just HEARING about it, I'm SEEING it. The X-mas season was a ZOO here in Seattle, with the malls crowded & restaurants crammed - which isn't surprising considering that the Retail Sales Federation figures show that this last holiday season was the BIGGEST one EVER (surpassing 2007 - which HAD been the biggest ever). Also, I'm starting to some construction start up, new stores open & long empty condos starting to get some residents AND some "Help Wanted" signs showing. It may not be recovering in YOUR neck of the woods but definitely starting to happen HERE. Mind you, jobs ARE still scarce but they are STARTING to appear.

All in all, things are looking up. We still have a ways to go, but we're definitely moving along.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies