Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,785,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Dimwit Dems Complain About Styrofoam Cups In House Cafeteria!

These stupid idiots must not feel there are more pressing concerns...
You're right... the switch to styrofoam was more of an immediate concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM

68,303 posts, read 54,275,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Dims Complain About Styrofoam Cups In House Cafeteria!

I am sure there is still a huge cache of shot glasses in what was Senator Kennedy's office. Go put them to good use.

Include those from the Dubya and Cheney collections and Congress is covered!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:01 PM

37,954 posts, read 22,099,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Funny!

"Cue the liberal outrage: House Republicans' decision to do away with the Capitol's biodegradable paper products and replace them with cheaper styrofoam cups is enriching--wait for it--a former executive with Koch Industries. George Wurtz is the owner of WinCup, which is now supplying the House lunchroom with its polluting styrofoam cups. Wurtz used to work for Koch Industries, the liberal bete noir whose leaders have emerged as the tycoons Democrats love to hate. Huffington Post reporter Elise Foley points out that House Republicans didn't pick the purveyor; that decision was made by Restaurant Associates, the firm that manages the House cafeteria. Not that that's going to stop a stream of indignant press releases from House Democrats, who gleefully slammed Republicans for their promotion of "the environmentally disastrous use of styrofoam."
I'm sure someone is getting billions in revenue from the sale of lunch room Styrofoam cups

Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Include those from the Dubya and Cheney collections and Congress is covered!
You left out a reference TO H-A-L-I-B-U-R-T-O-N, so I guess the left wing rage monkey is not so hungry these days.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,785,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm sure someone is getting billions in revenue from the sale of lunch room Styrofoam cups
Vanity Fair?

Old 03-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You left out a reference TO H-A-L-I-B-U-R-T-O-N, so I guess the left wing rage monkey is not so hungry these days.
Hey, someone wants to start whining about drunks let's look at both sides of the aisle. Or would that be too reasonable for ya?

And before you even start with the Kennedy rag, realize one thing. Both Dubya and Cheney have DWIs on their records, the only thing that separates those drunks from Kennedy is pure dumb luck.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey, someone wants to start whining about drunks let's look at both sides of the aisle. Or would that be too reasonable for ya?

And before you even start with the Kennedy rag, realize one thing. Both Dubya and Cheney have DWIs on their records, the only thing that separates those drunks from Kennedy is pure dumb luck.
You are assuming Cheney and Bush would have abandoned their passenger after they crashed into the water.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
You are assuming Cheney and Bush would have abandon their passenger after they crashed.
You're assuming they could only have had a one car accident.

I'm assuming NOTHING! I know those who make it home drunk without having an accident do so by pure dumb luck, nothing else, so you can stop the self-Righteous attempt to defend them.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,791,177 times
Make em all bring their own coffee cups.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,835,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Jesus, who the hell cares. Take your own advice and concentrate on more pressing concerns.
We should all care because we are paying them to work on much more important issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies