Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will there be a government shutdown?
Yes 72 63.16%
No 24 21.05%
Not sure 18 15.79%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:12 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,007,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
?!?!?!?!?! Is there something wrong with your brain? Honestly...who the hell didnt pass a budget back when they should have?! The fiscal year ended in 2010 and the Dems punted and punted and punted all the way to today.

And YOU can be a party of Pelosi, Reid, and all the other pieces of trash that are using this to get their math wrong (Pelosi), blame the other party when they should have done this long ago, and using it to say the most hateful and bs rhetoric we've heard in a while.

Yeah, yeah, we get it. You worship the Dems, you would proudly stand side by side with vile like Pelosi and conservatives hate women, blacks, hispanics, gays and want everyone to die. Now, try and think and research for yourself. Just once in your life.

And for the record, Im proud not to be a Citizen of the World. You and Soros and Obama can keep that garbage to yourselves.
Worship, vile, trash, hateful bs,... quite a post!

One thing that I'm sure of, my screen name really upsets you guys...

It's really unfortunate that you believe you know anything about me from the name I chose when I signed on here at City Data.

And, it's also too bad that you believe that those who disagree with you are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM

72 posts, read 126,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Worship, vile, trash, hateful bs,... quite a post!

One thing that I'm sure of, my screen name really upsets you guys...

It's really unfortunate that you believe you know anything about me from the name I chose when I signed on here at City Data.

And, it's also too bad that you believe that those who disagree with you are stupid.
Well, its true that it doesn't say everything about you, but says something, dont you think?

Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,628,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sorry, that would not have happened. Even essential personnel will have to wait until a budget is passed, to get paid.

Check out President Clinton on the 1995 government shutdown, Clinton declared the Military as essential and the pay went on even with the government shut down.

So the question is why didn't Obama declare the military essential, is it his loathing of the military?

Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahramTaba View Post
Well, its true that it doesn't say everything about you, but says something, dont you think?

It sure riles up the conservatives on this forum!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:21 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,963,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Check out President Clinton on the 1995 government shutdown, Clinton declared the Military as essential and the pay went on even with the government shut down.

So the question is why didn't Obama declare the military essential, is it his loathing of the military?
Actually Clinton said the military was essential and signed a bill to continue pay uninterrupted for the military. The bill he signed is what actually kept the military paid. Obama will be the first president to not sign a bill that continues military pay during a shutdown. Military members have always been considered essential. That designation doesn't have anything to do with getting pay during a shutdown but rather determining who still has to work during a shutdown.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,117,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Actually Clinton said the military was essential and signed a bill to continue pay uninterrupted for the military. The bill he signed is what actually kept the military paid. Obama will be the first president to not sign a bill that continues military pay during a shutdown. Military members have always been considered essential. That designation doesn't have anything to do with getting pay during a shutdown but rather determining who still has to work during a shutdown.
Well how awful is that. He and Congress get paid but he wont pay our troops when they are at war, if it shuts down? Un presidential and disgraceful if that happens. I will truly hate him then.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,047,807 times
Agreement reached: Shutdown avoided.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 PM

22,106 posts, read 19,312,195 times
It appears they have an agreement in place to fund the budget through September, that it will take a few days to get that all worked out and that they will vote for it mid next week, during the meantime they will have a stop-gap measure that will fund the government through next week.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,374,449 times
There was no way these politicians were going to hang themselves.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM

22,106 posts, read 19,312,195 times
Stop Gap measure is until Thursday, the overall bill has $39 billion in spending cuts, the proposed cuts to Title X Funding, such as Planned Parenthood were not part of the bill. A separate vote will be held on the Title X Funding issue next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies