Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
How about Cooties????
You know, cuz boys have them.
At some point my sense of the ridiculous kicks in, you know?
I think I beat ya to it.

But all extremist feminist hate men and know that boys have cooties!

Cooties for everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I could only hope that I would be worthy of a "whoohoo!" and a tip from the women.

Eh,....you, ozgirl and vanillagorilla, so we had a debate and disagreed on some things on this topic. I still think you 3 are awesome.

But as the debate progressed I notice those defending feminism even disagreed with each other when it came to defining it and certain aspects of it.

Which is the point that this topic just has people with different ideas of just what feminism is. Some think it is about wages, and social equality and some think it includes sex and supposed exploitation sexually. And then there is the aspect of pro choice which just makes it really complex.

Cheers.
Its like democracy, you know?
No one can agree quite how to define it, although we all know what it is, and what it isnt.

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't believe in opposite-sex friendships or both sexes working in the same place together. The only gender integration I approve of is heterosexual married couples.
You really feel this way?

I genuinely feel sorry for you, mate.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
You really feel this way?

I genuinely feel sorry for you, mate.
Yup. Can't help the way my mind thinks.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
cough*shooters*cough

Seriously, feminism is so much more about the law and what it can do for women. The law is the last place anybody should go to for equal rights but thank goodness it is there for those cases.

In my personal experience, the concerns of women were just that, concerns of women, not to be bothered with. Feminism to me is my ability to take the necessary steps I need to protect myself and my family. This includes obtaining shelter, food, education and other measures, like keeping certain people away from us. Then again, if my husband felt like I couldn't do these things he probably would not have considered having children with me. That is the whole point of choosing carefully.
Shooters is hilarious!

On a serious note, the laws had to be changed to protect the rights of women. It's not about running to the law for protection...or wanting government to take care of us like someone else indicated earlier...

I know you already know that.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I wonder if those opposed to abortion are also opposed to women getting their tubes tied?

I have known women to get it done as young as 19.
No problem with the tied tubes. I think all feminists should get their tubes tied. I don't see why they wouldn't just do that. If they will hate their own child so much that they want to have it killed, just tie the tubes and be done with it.

I have no problem with people choosing never to have a baby, never conceive a child at all. Not everyone is cut out for parenting. Same for men, if they don't wish to provide for their children, then it should be *snip-snip* and no more worries about that.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think all feminists should get their tubes tied. I don't see why they wouldn't just do that. If they will hate their own child so much that they want to have it killed, just tie the tubes and be done with it.
What?

Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
What?
With an attitude like that, that one gets to work the fryer at Cooters, also in a banana hammock.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
With an attitude like that, that one gets to work the fryer at Cooters, also in a banana hammock.
Damn right!!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yup. Can't help the way my mind thinks.
I'm sure you would also prefer women in burqas, too.
But that isnt gonna happen, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies