Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

They are negotiating, primarily with Repub Senators, to get a firm agreement,in writing. The Dems, rightfully, do not trust the Gov not matter what he says he would agree to. His true character is plainly shown in the "Koch" tape. Walker is done in Wisc, may last a year, possible a term, but as a leader of the State, done for. There are still the recall efforts to see thru as well, several Repub Sens will also be gone fairly soon. The public have been allowed time to learn what these people were attempting, they don't like, they will change those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Not enough in my opinion but a start.

I hope he doesn't think this will halt the recalls? That ship has sailed.

Good work Wisconsin for sticking together. Those 14 Dems are heros.

You hardly see unity like that from middle class workers and their Democratic representation anymore.

FORBES

Email Leaks Suggest Walker Finally Negotiating With Wisconsin Democrats - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes
LOL...democrat politics at its best. Can't beat 'em? Run away. Nevermind what the people ACTUALLY want. You clearly know better what they need.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They are negotiating, primarily with Repub Senators, to get a firm agreement,in writing. The Dems, rightfully, do not trust the Gov not matter what he says he would agree to. His true character is plainly shown in the "Koch" tape. Walker is done in Wisc, may last a year, possible a term, but as a leader of the State, done for. There are still the recall efforts to see thru as well, several Repub Sens will also be gone fairly soon. The public have been allowed time to learn what these people were attempting, they don't like, they will change those people.
You keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, you must know there is a recall effort for the anarchist democrats too.

Oh, an example for you to hold on to - Gov Daniels of IN - whose rantings tanked after he rescinded CB his first day on the job.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, you must know there is a recall effort for the anarchist democrats too.

Oh, an example for you to hold on to - Gov Daniels of IN - whose rantings tanked after he rescinded CB his first day on the job.
Won't have to tell myself that, will just keep tabs on the news.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've very clearly outlined examples of you calling Democratic negotations "compromising".. I've bolded them above for your review..

Are you a man of your word, and leave these forums forever, or will you try to spin this one as well?
Maybe you should read it again, because you got it wrong.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Complete bull, the unions endorsed Walker for governor.
No. Look at Dem Governor candidate Barrett's campaign contributors. Unions.
BARRETT, TOM | Follow The Money

Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Well, looks like the fleabaggers are walking away;

Walker offers compromise, fleebaggers walk away « Hot Air

Quote:
The Wisconsin Fleebaggers keep saying that all they want is for Governor Scott Walker to come to the table and negotiate on his budget-repair bill, and they’ll end their hostaging of Wisconsin government.

This directly refutes the notion pushed by the state Senators who fled the state that Walker has unilaterally refused to bargain with them.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM

The recall of Walker effort is moving along. You can keep tabs of it here.

Scott Walker Watch | Keeping an Eye on This Extremist

Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

It looks like Walker is trying to save face. He has painted himself in a corner and is finally starting to realize it. The longer this drags out, the worse it gets for him. Time is not on his side. At the end of the day whomever wins regarding the issue of collective bargaining is the winner. Walker, I believe at this point only cares about appearing to be a winner. It's not looking to good for him, but the fat lady has not sung yet.

To be determined.
The sonofabitch needs to man up. This crap with "leaking" emails that make it look like he's negotiating in good faith is a publicity stunt, plain and simple. I wouldn't trust this jerk as far as I could throw him. I would not put it past him to "negotiate" all this stuff, get the Democrats to agree to come back to vote on it, have them all arrested the minute they step back over the border, and keep the bill exactly as it was before they left.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Not enough in my opinion but a start.

I hope he doesn't think this will halt the recalls? That ship has sailed.

Good work Wisconsin for sticking together. Those 14 Dems are heros.

You hardly see unity like that from middle class workers and their Democratic representation anymore.

FORBES

Email Leaks Suggest Walker Finally Negotiating With Wisconsin Democrats - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes
We saw it in Greece, when they government workers wanted their cheese, even if it meant bankrupting their country.

State employees should not be allowed to join a union, even FDR knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies