Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times

Advertisements

Any mortgage you have is only the illusion that you "own a home"
You own nothing!!! Stop making those payments and you will see soon what you really own and even if you paid of your mortgage see what happens if you stop paying the property taxes.

Mortgages are created to be long lasting debt in the hopes that some day the bank doesn't take its house back.
Banks take your money, and then in return charge you fees to have your money in their bank and use their services.

To sum this up when the economic crisis really hits do you really think you will own anything.
You might own the car if your lucky and the clothes on your back.
If you have gold hold on to it it might be the only thing that will have any value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
You own nothing!!! Stop making those payments and you will see soon what you really own and even if you paid of your mortgage see what happens if you stop paying the property taxes.
high property taxes certainly can make a person feel like they own nothing

Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 PM

103 posts, read 157,564 times
OK. They're in your head. It's OK - We can get through this. Just do what I say and try to ignore them as best you can. It's me, okay? It's me.

First, I need you to go to the grocery store and buy some tinfoil with which I want you to fashion a hat...

Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
I'll keep paying my mortgage payments, you do what you plan.. Let me know how that works out...

Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'll keep paying my mortgage payments, you do what you plan.. Let me know how that works out...
i think the op is saying for everyone to pay like normal but to know the 'reality' of this n that. the 'reality', as defined by him/her, is we don't own anythign. well, i think the op is saying that

Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I have no mortgage and I payed off my car long ago.
A lot of people are debt free.
I would assume most people who took out a mortgage on their house realize that the bank owns their home not them. Same as a car.

I always try to keep a car for atleast 10 years-thanks Clarke Howard!

I can't stand to be in debt-I still ow about 5k on a student loan but that's it.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Hey, OP, thought I told you to stay out of my house...well, the house I rent anyhow.

You need to be taught a lesson?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:58 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Well of course if one has a mortgage on their home they don't truly own it -- yet. It's like putting something on layaway at KMart, only for a hell of a lot more money and a lot longer than 30 days.
It's not like this is a secret - who didn't know this?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
It makes me wonder what mortgages in the future will be like...

If the population continues to increase, so will home prices in the long run. And since a matching increase in average income is unlikely, banks will have to get even more creative in their lending if they want to stay in business.

How about a lifetime mortgage? 1 low monthly payment for the right to use a property, just sign on the dotted line and pay until you die?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
There's some areas with no property taxes still. Buy some land for cash there, and build your own home from scratch debt free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies