Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

I find it ironic that many if not all of those whining about "creative editing" are supporters of Michael Moore. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Breitbart didn't edit the video and the White House did the forcing. Look it up.
So Breitbart claims. Even if he didn't, he clearly didn't care enough to find the context. Same with O'Keefe. He goes on Fox News dressed in a pimp suit, and doesn't correct hosts who falsely state that that's how he was dressed when going into ACORN offices.

I'm just saying that even though he's on "your side" O'Keefe is not a trustworthy character. Take any of his video with a metric ton of salt.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I find it ironic that many if not all of those whining about "creative editing" are supporters of Michael Moore. lol
I hate Michael Moore. He's a fat hypocrite.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I hate Michael Moore. He's a fat hypocrite.
lol, well, props to your consistency.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You people keep coming up with the phrase "creative editing." As far as journalism goes, HE is practically the only REAL journalist in America today.

Go ahead, stick your head in the sand. Hide from the truth. Love it. Live it. But the TRUTH will always trump lies, and he is EXPOSING those lies.

And I don't FOR ONE MINUTE believe that your are opposed to NPR's lies. Moderators, once again go ahead and give me a "demerit," I expect that.

No political affiliation my behind. You are, IMO, totally in bed with the NPR and their anti-American agenda.
I've never heard NPR express any anti-American sentiments nor lie about anything. You just hear what you want to hear to suit your own agenda. Bipartisanship is the problem with this country. Turns everyone into a bunch of followers and separatists. Divisive behavior is what is truly anti-American.

I wonder what lies O'Keefe exposed. All he did was expose some guy's opinions. Big whoop. There was no big NPR conspiracy, no NPR lies - and absolutely nothing he shows in the videos prove that there is. O'Keefe is a known felon and pervert, will be a matter of time before he exposes himself.

He could choose to use ethical journalism reporting standards (even undercover) but he really stoops down to a criminal, sensationalist level. If some Republican oriented journalist did a good job of reporting something factually, I would be more than receptive.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
I've never heard NPR express any anti-American sentiments nor lie about anything. You just hear what you want to hear to suit your own agenda. Bipartisanship is the problem with this country. Turns everyone into a bunch of followers and separatists. Divisive behavior is what is truly anti-American.
Any this is fomented by our great uniter in office. No anti American sentiments? Try watching AND listening to the presentations by The Annenberg Project. Watch and read the credits to see who funds NPR shows and specials. Do so objectively and you'll come to a realization like so many already have.

Quote:
I wonder what lies O'Keefe exposed. All he did was expose some guy's opinions. Big whoop. There was no big NPR conspiracy, no NPR lies - and absolutely nothing he shows in the videos prove that there is.
If no lies were told, why did the guy resign? He should have been proud to sit and have dinner with someone buying his influence. You missed the point exactly.

Quote:
O'Keefe is a known felon and pervert, will be a matter of time before he exposes himself.
Now you've become one you rail against. Proof would be nice.

Quote:
He could choose to use ethical journalism reporting standards (even undercover) but he really stoops down to a criminal, sensationalist level.
As could the left wing liberal biased talking heads that DOMINATE America's newsprint and media.

Quote:
If some Republican oriented journalist did a good job of reporting something factually, I would be more than receptive.
Read 'BIAS' and 'ARROGANCE' by Bernard Goldberg. Excellent books and vision.

This comes back to my original point in this thread.

So how does Julian Assange and Bradley Manning get a pass exposing 'truth' and others do not?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
We will see. I'm not sure that "creative editing", plans for sexual assault, and covert tactics count as journalism. All I know is that I'm completely unexcited about anything he uncovered regarding Schiller's personal opinions, which have nothing to do with NPR's opinions. It's a far stretch. I don't even like NPR for the most part so I have no interest in them either way. All I know is that this guy has a closed agenda and isn't interested in real journalism.

I have no political affiliation so don't make it about bipartisanship.

This is ALL about NPR or do you think we are to believe Schiller never expressed his personal opinions at NPR but would express his personal opinions to total strangers at the mention of a dollar?

O'Keefe is a hero exposing these bigots. I cannot wait until he drops some more bombs on the not so intellectual left. Defund NPR!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I never did.

I'm glad, as you should be, that ACORN is gone.

if you believe that we are a nation of laws.

ACORN is not gone, the did like the Progressives did after WW-II. They just changed their label. ACORN is alive and well, under a different name.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
So Breitbart claims. Even if he didn't, he clearly didn't care enough to find the context. Same with O'Keefe. He goes on Fox News dressed in a pimp suit, and doesn't correct hosts who falsely state that that's how he was dressed when going into ACORN offices
Neither did the White House.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Personally I think NPR is just afraid of the Jewish lobby. If Schiller hadn't said anything about Jewish media that I think he might have been okay.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Have you noticed the mainstream media is spinning this as a tea party story instead of NPR guy meets with (who he thinks are) Muslim Brotherhood and claims Jews overly influence print media?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies