Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,143,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
It's a matter of time before O'Keefe's tactics come back to bite him in the ass.

He's pretty much lost all credibility with that di1do boat incident.
Sure. I didnt know much about the boat one, but yeah, he screwed up on that one. But he's young and still learning.

I applaud his efforts and you know something, if the media wasnt so damn corrupt, if the media didnt do its job, if journalism and reporting didnt die years ago, WE WOULDNT NEED PEOPLE LIKE HIM TO DO THIS!

The death of media was solidified and confirmed in 2008 when 90 percent of them fawned and became orgasmic over Obama. They truly showed their true colors then and most of us know it. I hope more follow in O'Keefes footsteps and do their own investigating, undercover reporting and the like.

I bet you had no issue with the guy who pretended to be Mr. Koch calling the Wisconsin Governor. The sad part is, he tried his best to get something dirty and corrupt and evil to come out of the Governors mouth and he came away with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,213,192 times
As an NPR supporter, they are doing the right thing letting the individuals implicated go. This isn't about NPR, it is about individual people.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,316,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I applaud his efforts and you know something, if the media wasnt so damn corrupt, if the media didnt do its job, if journalism and reporting didnt die years ago, WE WOULDNT NEED PEOPLE LIKE HIM TO DO THIS!

The death of media was solidified and confirmed in 2008 when 90 percent of them fawned and became orgasmic over Obama. They truly showed their true colors then and most of us know it. I hope more follow in O'Keefes footsteps and do their own investigating, undercover reporting and the like.

I bet you had no issue with the guy who pretended to be Mr. Koch calling the Wisconsin Governor. The sad part is, he tried his best to get something dirty and corrupt and evil to come out of the Governors mouth and he came away with nothing.
We will see. I'm not sure that "creative editing", plans for sexual assault, and covert tactics count as journalism. All I know is that I'm completely unexcited about anything he uncovered regarding Schiller's personal opinions, which have nothing to do with NPR's opinions. It's a far stretch. I don't even like NPR for the most part so I have no interest in them either way. All I know is that this guy has a closed agenda and isn't interested in real journalism.

I have no political affiliation so don't make it about bipartisanship.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,110 times
Quote:
We will see. I'm not sure that "creative editing", plans for sexual assault, and covert tactics count as journalism. All I know is that I'm completely unexcited about anything he uncovered regarding Schiller's personal opinions, which have nothing to do with NPR's opinions. It's a far stretch. I don't even like NPR for the most part so I have no interest in them either way. All I know is that this guy has a closed agenda and isn't interested in real journalism.

I have no political affiliation so don't make it about bipartisanship.
You people keep coming up with the phrase "creative editing." As far as journalism goes, HE is practically the only REAL journalist in America today.

Go ahead, stick your head in the sand. Hide from the truth. Love it. Live it. But the TRUTH will always trump lies, and he is EXPOSING those lies.

And I don't FOR ONE MINUTE believe that your are opposed to NPR's lies. Moderators, once again go ahead and give me a "demerit," I expect that.

No political affiliation my behind. You are, IMO, totally in bed with the NPR and their anti-American agenda.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,542,321 times
I heard the next revelation will be that an NPR staffer remarked that they really didn't get why people find Garrison Keiler and Prairie Home Companion so entertaining and also found the humor of "This American Life" to be kind of lame.

Last edited by Deezus; 03-09-2011 at 07:31 PM..

Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,109,437 times
Quote:
All I know is that this guy has a closed agenda and isn't interested in real journalism.
The thing that makes O'Keefe stand out his bias is clearly conservative instead of liberal. He's like an albino deer in herd of hundreds of deer.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:06 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Shirley Sherrod was also forced to resign almost immediately after Breitbart put his deceptively edited video online, but that doesn't mean she did anything wrong.
Breitbart didn't edit the video and the White House did the forcing. Look it up.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Meh, O'Keefe can spend as much time as he wants selectively editing his videos, but that doesn't mean that they should be relied upon as trustworthy.

How many people do you think still believe that he actually dressed as a pimp while in ACORN offices?

The thing I love best about this is, O'Keefe is a bit of a wacko but he keeps getting thses morons.

I think you need a reality check, O'Keefe's video would not have claimed two victims so fast if there were anything inaccurate in them. Nice try though. Too funny.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Can't wait to see the next shoe drop.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,033,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can't wait to see the next shoe drop.
I've got my popcorn ready!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies