Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Here is a little thing that a blogger from Tartan Marine wrote a couple of years ago. The man is named Robert A. Hall and he is a veteran of the Vietnam War who claims he has worked very hard all his life. Some won't like everything he says but there is just too much truth in it.

In case anyone doesn't believe any of this I give you the Snopes link to see what they say. The e-mail that is around says the author is Robert D. Hall a star of CSI and that part is not true, but everything else is true.

snopes.com: Robert A. Hall - I'm Tired

The Old Jarhead: I'm Tired--some updates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
Robert A. Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
I think he echoes the sentiments of many.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
After getting to the part about the "Community Reinvestment Act" (a.k.a...the "it's all the minorities fault" Act), there was no need to go on.

Besides, so what if the guy worked his ass off for a bunch of years? Most Americans have and they aren't writing op-eds complaining about it.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a little thing that a blogger from Tartan Marine wrote a couple of years ago. The man is named Robert A. Hall and he is a veteran of the Vietnam War who claims he has worked very hard all his life. Some won't like everything he says but there is just too much truth in it.

In case anyone doesn't believe any of this I give you the Snopes link to see what they say. The e-mail that is around says the author is Robert D. Hall a star of CSI and that part is not true, but everything else is true.

snopes.com: Robert A. Hall - I'm Tired

The Old Jarhead: I'm Tired--some updates
BOO HOO......I'm 53 years old, my mate of 28 years is 62 years old. He served in the Army for eight years during the Vietnam War.....guess what, we are tired of people like Hall whining.

We all work hard too....but my mate and I pay the SAME taxes as Hall.....but WE are treated like second class citizens by people like him.

I have zero empathy for crybabies blaming every minority for the problems of this country........ he and those like him helped create the mess we call the U.S.A..

Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I think this is a rather ironic story to be posted by some one surviving on Social Security and Medicare.

If a person is surviving on more money then they have put into the system, then they are one of the lazy bums he is tired of supporting.

If people talk about military policy without serving, they are the bums he is talking about.

He complains about paying money to unfriendly governments for oil, then complains about lowering his standard of living to help pay for research of alternatives.

If some one has a mortgage that needed backing, including farmers and veterans, he is tired of supporting you as well.

If you question what "America" is doing or even glance at another culture, he is tired of you.

He is tired of all Muslims, because they are all evil.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think this is a rather ironic story to be posted by some one surviving on Social Security and Medicare.

If a person is surviving on more money then they have put into the system, then they are one of the lazy bums he is tired of supporting.

If people talk about military policy without serving, they are the bums he is talking about.

He complains about paying money to unfriendly governments for oil, then complains about lowering his standard of living to help pay for research of alternatives.

If some one has a mortgage that needed backing, including farmers and veterans, he is tired of supporting you as well.

If you question what "America" is doing or even glance at another culture, he is tired of you.

LOL! Read about the commentator. You missed the mark by miles.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Thank Goodness that i didn't read all of that tripe. Just reading the first few lines gave me a headache. He just sounds like a bitter old codger.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:09 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,075 times
This is wonderful, Roy. Thanks for posting. I have bookmarked it and will be forwarding it to some friends, who will also, undoubtedly appreciate it. So many truths in it!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
LOL! Read about the commentator. You missed the mark by miles.
It is always very obvious which ones read only a few words and which ones read most if not all. In this case the poster was swinging at me for being on
Social Security and Medicare. I think it possible that many like that one don't know that some of we old people have been paying into Social Security for, in my case, 65 years and I am still paying since I still work part time. Also, they have not yet turned 65 and had the letter from their insurance company that they now have to go on Medicare which federal law requires.

Yes the mark was missed very far and you are right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies