Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
Actually this was last year story. The right wingers is using this to further their argument.
And the liberals still whine about GWB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
I read about this last year. The driver in question work 72 to 80 hours a week all that year with no vacation. There was a hiring freeze and he worked double shifts to cover the shortfall of employees.
Usually you put in a hiring freeze to save money. I don't understand how paying a driver 60 hours of OT a week is saving money, seems hiring 1 more driver would save money. Tahat $59K slary seems high even for high cost areas, certainly for Wisconsin.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 PM

782 posts, read 3,789,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Usually you put in a hiring freeze to save money. I don't understand how paying a driver 60 hours of OT a week is saving money, seems hiring 1 more driver would save money. Tahat $59K slary seems high even for high cost areas, certainly for Wisconsin.
The driver base salary was $54k. He rack up $105k in overtime. Hiring 1 driver would've save the city money, considering a new driver would've made far less than $26 a hour. Even if you add another $20k into health and welfare bennies it would've still been cheaper. There was a total of 5 or 6 bus driver whom made over 100k. I'm a driver for my career and wouldn't even put myself in danger to make that can of money. That was insane IMO, but their are people who is willing to take the risk. The blame should be put on management.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Lets be honest, Coulter is hardly qualified to drive a bus.
I'm sure with your brilliant wit you could qualify though.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I believe I was responding to a statement made by a conservative like yourself. Guess you may want to address maja about your issues.

I have no problem with a bus driver making $159,000. Do you? Just a little elitist, are you?
I have a massive problem with a bus driver making $159k a year, when his salary if being paid by taxi cab drivers, handymen and waitresses eeking out $20-30-40k a year without benefits. It's nice to know the true feelings of people who can't reason with simple math, yet think themselves so much smarter that anyone else. 1+1=2, except when it's a liberal wanting social equality, yet the bus driver and the taxi cab driver aren't equal. That cab driver pays for those bus drivers, making him both the boss and the enemy at the same time.

The cab drivers, handymen and waitresses are fed up with being robbed and are becoming wise to the agenda.

I love equality but, not when when it's used to promote anything but justice.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is not the point that is trying to be made here. The unions won't allow new people to be hired, so we taxpayers are needlessly paying overtime pay, instead of just hiring an extra employee.

Any links that confirm that the union controls the number of drivers able to be hired and not the city/county/whatever?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Wasn't a school bus driver...unless public transit provides bussing for public school kids in Wisconsin?

People entrust their 6 week olds - 5 year olds to care-givers at a daycare center who make $8-10 per hour. And these parents leave their kids at a daycare for 4-12 hours a day.

If daycare center care-givers unionized....could you imagine the cost of daycare?

Sorry, thought this was a school bus driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies