Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
While not binding, it is pretty convincing. As I said no one is talking about challenging this on those grounds. Sunshine laws perhaps, but not not this.
I as I said linked you an article in post 29 citing those grounds saying the Democrats were considering challenging on them. As to whether it is convincing or not is up to a judge to decide and since people opposed to the bill would be bringing the complaint they get to do whatever forum shopping is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
This is not the end of the controversy. It was a battle. The war is not over.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I as I said linked you an article in post 29 citing those grounds saying people were considering challenging on them. As to whether it is convincing or not is up to a judge to decide and since people opposed to the bill would be bringing the complaint they get to do whatever forum shopping is available.

You cited the grounds however no one is discussing challenging it on those grounds since they don't apply here. Once again I invite you to prove me wrong.

This discussion is becoming circular, suffice it to say, this is now the law in Wisconsin and will be for some time. A huge victory for tax payers.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This is not the end of the controversy. It was a battle. The war is not over.

Yeah it pretty much is. How can you reverse the results?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:09 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
You cited the grounds however no one is discussing challenging it on those grounds since they don't apply here. Once again I invite you to prove me wrong.

This discussion is becoming circular, suffice it to say, this is now the law in Wisconsin and will be for some time. A huge victory for tax payers.
From the article. (Following the cite of the constitutional provision)

"Walker clearly believes that the bill passed yesterday, which takes away various collective bargaining rights from public employees' unions, falls within the exceptions. Democrats, of course, disagree and have said they plan on challenging the law in court."

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Governor Walker admits bill is fiscal, but still claims no quorum needed (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com Governor Walker admits bill is fiscal, but still claims no quorum needed (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Of course this is circular for the time being because there is not enough information yet and since the law has not yet been made into law there is likely not standing yet either. With that said, I would say the Democrats may or may not have an avenue to pursue this if they want to. Furthermore, it is unclear whether or not this law will even go into effect. It is possible Democrats will go to court and ask for and get a TRO and preliminary injunction.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Yeah it pretty much is. How can you reverse the results?
This controversy is over? Do you mean to tell me there will be no reaction? Do you think the situation is completely settled and resolved to everyone's satisfaction? The Democrats are just going to say "okay, we lost ... so we're just going to play dead." ???

STAY TUNED MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This controversy is over? Do you mean to tell me there will be no reaction? Do you think the situation is completely settled and resolved to everyone's satisfaction? The Democrats are just going to say "okay, we lost ... so we're just going to play dead." ???

STAY TUNED MY FRIEND!!!!!!

React all you like. We are a land of laws, not a banana republic. We don't run the country by mob rule. There is nothing you can do.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,291 times
Quote:
React all you like. We are a land of laws, not a banana republic. We don't run the country by mob rule. There is nothing you can do.
We can vote and based on the polls, it will be a bloodbath.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
Yeah, yeah I am sure the passions will be exactly the same in 2 years. Also what platform are the Dems going to run on? We will restore collective bargaining for 10% of the population and all it will cost you is $1.4 billion!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:46 PM

240 posts, read 537,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
You win! The funniest post of this thread right there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies