Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

For every extra gallon we pump, Mexico, Canada and Saudi Arabia will pump 1 less gallon, thereby keeping the market most profitable and stable. No matter how much we pump we will have no impact on the price.

Most Our oil is imported from Canada, Mexico and Saudi Arabia in that order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
For every extra gallon we pump, Mexico, Canada and Saudi Arabia will pump 1 less gallon, thereby keeping the market most profitable and stable. No matter how much we pump we will have no impact on the price.

Most Our oil is imported from Canada, Mexico and Saudi Arabia in that order.
You Lie!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Those are the facts. Canada is first in oil imports to the US. Mexico is second and Saudi Arabia is third.

"Most people are surprised to learn that the country from which the United States imports the greatest amount of oil is Canada. In recent years, the United States has imported approximately 200 million barrels of crude oil annually from Canada.
Oil imports into the United States from Saudi Arabia come in at second place with about 160 million barrels of crude oil annually from the Kingdom. The United States imports about the same amount of oil from Mexico as it does from Saudi Arabia"

http://www.quoteoil.com/oil-imports.html

Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Democrats have had control of Congress since 2007

Add in the FACT that Nancy Pelosi RAN and said if we put the dems in power she would personally see to it those big bad oil companies would have to answer to them and she promised to get those prices down for the American people.

I do not remember one single thing she did to help get the prices down or anything she did to go after those oil companies.

Obama controls the pricing. All he needs to do is to put a whammy on the oil prices because of speculation of us drilling our own oil. All the idiot needs to do is open oil drilling in the US where we can and the prices would drop like a rock knowing we will be drilling like crazy.

He is too stupid to even understand this.

Then again, he failed at being a lawyer and had trouble with personal financing of his own so how could he understand money?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I find it interesting how we can take something that is mostly the GOP's fault -- the financial crisis -- and blame its effects on Obama.
Oh my God, I am so tired of hearing this.. Would you people PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE read and research a little more before you make posts like this!

Start back with the Community Re-investment Act and follow the trail from there.. At least you will be a little more informed in stead of posting uninformed posts blaming folks who were not even around when the whole thing started.

As you follow the trail you will find that Bush actually threw up a flag to congress that this mess was coming.. Guess what, it was a Demoratic congress and well.. the rest is history..

Old 03-11-2011, 01:02 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Obama is restricting oil drilling & driving up oil prices on US citizens. "Drill Here Drill Now" has proven it will lower oil prices. What drove oil prices up to $145.29 in 2008? No it was not the Iraq war.Here is a clue. This coincided with the "Peak Oil" media blitz & loss of production in Nigeria. Similar to the Enron Power Scam. Oil traders leased most of the oil tankers tying them up to restrict the transportation of oil to markets. They stored their oil in these tankers & parked them offshore so they would not count in inventory creating the illusion of an oil shortage. This is called "Floating Storage"

What Event Happened on the very day oil stopped climbing past $145.29 & began its decline all the way down to $33.87? That is a $112 drop in oil prices!

Oil Drops $112 because of this!

Amazing I Tell You, Utterly Amazing! If you think I am lying about the cause of the $112 drop, Check the date against the oil price charts. Now you see "Drill Baby Drill" worked. Don't you just hate it when Sarah Palin is smarter than you. This stuck all those Enron type traders with ship loads of oil that they lost their ass on. Now what event happened on the very day Oil Prices started to climb again from the $33 dollar low. Hint (New Administration took office). Check The Charts! Now every time Obama threatens to stop drilling, these Enron type "Floating Storage" scum bags make their money back. How Stupid is this Obama Idiot?

BS. Oil dropped because of fears over the world financial crisis, that really kicked into high gear after the collapse of Lehman Brothers in September 08. Stock Markets after the Lehman collapse went absolutely bats*** due to fears of the financial crisis not only in the U.S, but worldwide that led to oil prices and gas prices dropping so hard.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:24 AM

573 posts, read 971,014 times
I didn't realize Obama had control over gas prices. Oh that's right, he doesn't.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
On Jan 20 2009, I stubbed my toe. I didn't walk to work that day. I drove. It is just as plausible to blame my stubbed toe on gas prices.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I find it interesting how we can take something that is mostly the GOP's fault -- the financial crisis -- and blame its effects on Obama.

Now, granted, the Bush administration and GOP probably didn't intend to cause a recession... they just don't know dick about economics.

And granted, Obama's administration doesn't know dick about economics, either. But blaming gas prices on him? That's just nonsense.

I see this often. Can you elaborate on what Bush and the GOP did to cause the financial crisis? What policies did they enact? What year were they enacted and who was in control of congress at those times? Can you elaborate or is your post more of the tired old left winger hot air that we see on a minute by minute basis on this forum?

Old 03-11-2011, 05:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Just like it was for the loons for Bush for 8 years, no the last 11 years-----

It is all Obama's fault.

This is Obama's watch and he was suppose to be the great savior, instead he is just little boy trying to do a man's job that he cannot handle.

Sad he has been such a miserable failure with ZERO accomplishments to his record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies