Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You mean like the tax breaks in WI that the Dems complained were only symbolic and not substantive?Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signs tax cut bill into law | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com

The WI Democrats thought Walker should have granted even more tax breaks to attract businesses to WI and promote job growth. Imagine that, the WI Dems wanted the corporations' tax breaks to be bigger.

Oh, and please cite where Walker's plan includes "taxing the hell out of the middle class and seniors."
Were talking about Michigan here and the OP has all the links you need to verify my post. BTW, I'm sure Walker isn't done with his "slash and burn" legislation. He's just getting started.

One thing I got to give you, Informed Consent, you are consistant. Consistantly wrong, IMO but consistant, none the less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Were talking about Michigan here and the OP has all the links you need to verify my post. BTW, I'm sure Walker isn't done with his "slash and burn" legislation. He's just getting started.
Every State and Fedieral government budgets need slashing, many government emloyees need to be let go and people need to due with far less services till the national debt is paid and America is solvent again.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Class envy isn't going to fix the problem.
Obama and Congress approved extending cuts.
Get over it and move on.

I was against extending the cuts. But they got extended and additional cuts got added (payroll tax cuts). Am I happy about that ..no, but I'm not going to whine about it for the next two years.

It's done so deal with it and move on.
This should make you feel happy then. Appropriate number that BOA refund, huh?

Make Wall Street Pay

Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I have no problem with any rally;if they are peaceful like the tea Party rallies. Its when they do what we see in Wisconcin and storm the capital biuldings to stop representative government that its anti-democray in action.Those type need some zero tolerance they are so fond of talking about.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Every State and Fedieral government budgets need slashing, many government emloyees need to be let go and people need to due with far less services till the national debt is paid and America is solvent again.
Well, while you're at it why don't you slash the military budgets, tax breaks for corporations and oil company's subsidies among others? It's hard for the average middle class and working poor in this country to stand by and watch their piece of the pie shrink while simultaniously the corporate fat cats are getting another round of financial perks. Makes one wonder what's really going on here. I sure most the middle class and poor would accept 5% less than their getting now if the rich and corporate entities would get an equivilant 5% tax hike.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What we don't want to see is a balanced budget on the backs of retirees on fixed incomes.
So why do you support the public employee unions' demands for ever more salary and benefits increases on the backs of retirees on fixed incomes? Their property taxes pay for that. Their homes are at stake.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The way to do that is to support the chnages to the income tax that McCain and opthers have proposed which basically closes the loopholes ;broaqdens the tax base while lowering the rates. The military is already started cuts i their proposaql to congress. Just make sure you write your congressaqmn when senatros start to object to the cuts like they did whne the base closing were proposed last time and the air caraft where not allowed to be cut the military didn;t want or the ships they didn't want.The military budget itself was deeply cut under Clinton and has held steady at 45 while entitlemnts have grwon and gorwn as a per cantage. CBO testified to congress that the military budget isn't avilable for savings alike Clinotn did any more .Remmeebr that when we cut militray budget esxpect alot of jobs i ndustry in mnay staes to be cut also;so you need to stay the course not just use it as rethroric. Thsae jobs are goig to be in the privte sector in mnay states because the militray has already been reduce in personaneel alog time ago.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Well, while you're at it why don't you slash the military budgets, tax breaks for corporations and oil company's subsidies among others? It's hard for the average middle class and working poor in this country to stand by and watch their piece of the pie shrink while simultaniously the corporate fat cats are getting another round of financial perks. Makes one wonder what's really going on here. I sure most the middle class and poor would accept 5% less than their getting now if the rich and corporate entities would get an equivilant 5% tax hike.
Does Michigan have that power ? This thread is about the state of Michigan, not the Fed Gov.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Were talking about Michigan here
You quite clearly said...
Quote:
Now that the republicans have been swept into power in 2010 the first thing on their agenda across the states is to give massive tax breaks to big business and tax the hell out of the middle class and seniors
Quote:
One thing I got to give you, Informed Consent, you are consistant. Consistantly wrong, IMO but consistant, none the less.
Wrong? Au contraire. I'll pose the same question I posed to Jill61 to you: Why do you support the public employee unions' demands for ever more salary and benefits increases on the backs of retirees on fixed incomes? Their property taxes pay for that. Their homes are at stake.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So why do you support the public employee unions' demands for ever more salary and benefits increases on the backs of retirees on fixed incomes? Their property taxes pay for that. Their homes are at stake.
Because we seniors like to see balance in our society. State and federal workers make up a large portion of the middle class workforce. When they are paid a fair wage, the economy stays healthy. We seniors don't mind paying for education and public servant's wages even though we have no children in school or skin in the public service sector. what we don't like is to see political lackeys give our money away to corporate businesses while taking it away from the middle class. We know from experience that this spells disaster for the health of a society.

Walker is a good example. Take 137 million away from the public workers while giving 140 million in tax breaks to large corporations all at the same time. Frankly, this gets up our nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies