Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
When the President said nothing in the earlier days of the protest, the drooling children were crying and complaining. Now that he has made a statement the drooling children are now crying he should have kept his mouth shut.

The U.S need to stay the hell out of it. We have our own issues here at home. And as the drooling children often scream at the top of their lungs, "We are BROKE".
He cannot make the Whiners happy, they will whine no matter what he does. If I were him I would just ignore them, and my guess is he does, why on earth would he lower himself to their level, it is not logical.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
No, Obama has a conservative and nuanced foreign policy. We also don't know what may be going on behind the scenes here.

I prefer his approach to invading countries and occupying them for years, costing many thousands of lives including our own people, based on some fabricated evidence.

There are other ways to handle a situation other than bombing the crap out of people, you know.
What is nuanced about not having a clear foreign policy?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I admit that I dont like Obama, his policies, his friends, his background, his secrets, etc etc etc. But while he may be holding back for different reasons, I dont know if I can fault him much any more for this. We dont even know who these "rebels" are and what they believe. If history shows us anything, we could help them out and give them millions in aide and still be blamed for everything like usual.

I could be wrong, but that's just how I feel. Uneasy, cautious, and I hold a significant "dislike" and disdain, to put it lightly, for the middle east and their beliefs and way of life as a whole because largely, even as a people, many have not given me much hope to feel other wise.

I typically don't agree with you, but I definitely do here. Have we not learned our lessons from the past by arming, training and funding these countries only to get bit in our collective arse?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What is nuanced about not having a clear foreign policy?
What is unclear about having a nuanced foreign policy?

Tell me what is unclear about Obama's approach.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We have no leadership. The UN is a useless waste of taxpayer money. What good are they? Genocides, democracy protesters slaughtered in the streets and this "world body" does nothing.

Barack Obama's Libya straitjacket

Yes, talk, talk, talk, empty words, meaningless blather from the fearless one.

Disgusting, shameful.

He makes his declarations and then...nothing, as France and the UK take the leadership on this crisis.

Gaddafi takes key towns as Nato squabbles over Libya action | World news | The Guardian

U.S. sends mixed signals on U.N. backing for Libya no-fly zone - CNN.com

A timid American response | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/08/2011 (http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/117567613.html - broken link)

That is his usual SOP - wait and see, then try and get on the winning side so it helps him politically. After all, it's always all about obama.

Really, Sanrene, and what exactly do you want him to do? Commit our already stretched military to another war in the Middle East? How many more useless wars you you want this country to pay for?

And before you got to the glorious efforts of GWB as comparison, let me leave you with one word: Darfur.

Typical.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Obama cleaned his teeth last night Toothpaste is a waste of taxpayer money Blah blah blah ....

Just another soooo predictable attack on the President. Yeah, lets just go diving head first into yet another conflict. We have done so well in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, etc..

Let the UK and France take the lead. The French, at least, understand North Africa and have intervened militarily in Africa multiple times.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really, Sanrene, and what exactly do you want him to do? Commit our already stretched military to another war in the Middle East? How many more useless wars you you want this country to pay for?

And before you got to the glorious efforts of GWB as comparison, let me leave you with one word: Darfur.

Typical.

Again I ask, where the hell will the money come from?
Thats like someone who is unemployed and bankrupt deciding they want to jump in their car and ride from New Jersey to Las Vegas on a empty gas tank, no money in the bank and maxed out credit cards.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
Quote:
The Arabs have to free themselves. Any foreign power intervening directly is only going to fuel the arguments of the Islamists.
The US probably would not have gained freedom from Britain if not for intervention from foreign powers.

Just sayin'

Old 03-11-2011, 08:49 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Stay the hell out of trouble and not start any new freaking wars while we are trying to wrap up TWO land wars in Asia.

We cannot afford it. So much for the Right's fiscal responsibility.
That is not a foreign policy. That is like a CEO stating his business policy is to not go out of business.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The US probably would not have gained freedom from Britain if not for intervention from foreign powers.

Just sayin'
Then let the French and Italians handle it.

We're overbooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies