Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times

Advertisements

Group ready to fight against Westboro threats

They're allowed to be within 500 feet so we'll be at 499".

That's the message from Jodi Hillman-Taylor of Mechanicsburg. She's organizing a blockade of love to stand united against the Westboro Baptist Church. The church says it plans to protest the funeral of 7 Perry County children who perished in Tuesday night's fire.

"They're going to protest saying God did this to parents the parents they deserve this," says Hillman-Taylor. "It astonishes me that people thinks this way."

The foul words fueled Hillman-Taylor to create a facebook group called Circle of Love.

The event is inviting people to wear white and meet at the Clouse children's funeral Tuesday to counter the cruel noise of the would-be protesters.

"We are creating angel wings for some of us and wear," add Hillman-Taylor. "Those wings will serve as sound barriers and everybody join arms, band together and stand guard."

Hillman-Taylor says she has received an army of support since she created the Circle of Love.

"I've had non stop responses," says Hillman-Taylor. "Responses from people I've never met just asking how do I do this?"

Like Hillman-Taylor, many of the facebook group members aren't directly affected by the fire, but their hearts have been torn a part by the threat of a Westboro protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Westboro Baptist Church.....I've got news for these people.....if there is a hell.....they are the ones who are going to spend eternity there.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
May they be struck by lightning, you know, God's wrath.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Fresh off their Supreme Court victory allowing them to picket funerals of military soldiers, members of the Westboro Baptist Church have announced plans to picket the funerals of seven Mennonite children killed Tuesday night when their Perry County farmhouse caught fire.
The children, ages 7 months to 11 years, were killed when a fire started in the home while their mother was milking cows and their father was on his milk delivery route.Their three-year-old daughter managed to escape and alert the mother, but the fire had already overwhelmed the wooden structure, police said.

The group from Topeka, Kan., said the death of the children was "just punishment at the hand of an Angry God" displeased with the failure of Pennsylvania residents to heed Westboro Baptist's call to "put away rebellion and obey the Lord your God."

Funeral arrangements for the children have not been announced.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Picketing the funerals of dead children. Adults. Are picketing dead children. I'm just. . . That's. . . No words. ::shakes head in dismay::

Old 03-11-2011, 09:37 PM

419 posts, read 868,369 times
What a sorry day in America when such hatefulness is protected under the 1st Amendment. We need eight more Justice Alitos voting on the Supreme Court. Those Westboro parishioners may have souls, but they don't have hearts. I hope this poor, suffering family can bury their kids in peace. What a tragic loss.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
They will cease the BS, when a family member of the deceased totally goes off on them and someone dies, or many die.

There is going to be just one very distraught individual, mourning a great loss, that is not going to care and wants to be with their loved one that has passed.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
A group of concerned patriots, out numbering this Westboro trash outfit, needs to walk in silent and remain silent. No signs no flags and stand facing this trash and stare them down the entire time, without uttering one word. Nothing but that stare you give someone before you go off on them.

No need to feed those trolls, looking for a reaction. just a cold stare to let them know they are not welcome.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:57 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
If you stop paying attention to the Westboro idiots then they will go away.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:08 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If you stop paying attention to the Westboro idiots then they will go away.
That might work for pimples, but these idiots never go away.

I've stated before, towns and cities need to enact a law that prevents protests from being within 5,000 feet of certain events / gatherings.

But for me, even a mile is too close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies