Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:20 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Has the Family values party lowered their bar? As long as the senator is not gay or having sex with a 13 year old, "whats the big deal?"
I honestly do not see why anybody cares about this. He's not cheating on her, he's not doing something illegal, he's not being a perv, so WHO THE HELL CARES?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Actually not until AFTER he is divorced and if you think his affair started after they filed for divorce I have a bridge to sell ya
Funny how you righties scream about the Dems when they pull this sort of stuff but look the other way when another one of yours does it. Psssst, Your Hypocracy is showing.
Casper
Even if that is true, WHO CARES? And yeah, if someone has filed for divorce, they are then legally separated and their intentions to split are known. So they are free to do what they want, whether the public likes it or not. You don't know why they are getting divorced, so you should not stand in judgment. I have done no screaming about Dems doing similar things, or anybody for that matter. BECAUSE NOBODY SHOULD CARE!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:23 AM

334 posts, read 188,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another "family values" republican, and shockingly enough from wisconsin, his wife has reported Senator Hopper has left the family home in the midst of a divorce to live with his 25 year old mistress.

WI GOP Sen. Randy Hopper’s Wife Tells Protesters Hopper Living with 25-year-old mistress in Madison | The Political Carnival

This is why we have had so many losers like Bush and Obama.

Real people have sex!

Real people cheat!

Real people get divorced!

Real people get drunk!

Real people say f-u once in a while!

If you demand that your politicians be "perfect", all you're going to end up with is some slippery and/or well connected character who has managed to pull off the illusion that they are. aka deceptive liars.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It comes directly from you righties, you people even say so on this board.
But nice non-answer there Back, still trying to excuse bad behavior from one of your boys, typical Hypocritical right-wing thinking. So, according to you, the New brand of Repub is not morally better than any other alley cat out there. You heard it here folks, the GOP is no longer Gods Own Party
Casper
Yes, I think it is immoral to cheat on your wife, if that is the case here (which we don't know). Not everyone is perfect and I see no point in anyone getting their panties in a wad over it. I still believe conservatives (note: I did NOT say Republicans) are the morally superior group, though, for reasons I won't get into here as that would be OT.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i dont care what they do, but the reason why i feel this is fair game because these same idiots who preach living the right way always end up doing the opposite in there own lives.

its annoying. i dont need to know what you do in your own time, and you dont need to project your idea of living the right way to me when i dont want it.
Well, last time I checked, Republicans are still humans. And humans tend to err, some more often than others. Soooooo, again, I still am not getting why any of you people care what this man does with his wife, his mistress or his marriage, considering none of it has any bearing on his politics and how he represents his constituents.

ETA: You don't want to know what others do in their own time and you don't want anyone to project their way of living on you when you don't want it? Well, how do you think conservatives feel every time a gay thread pops up about how gays are not hurting anyone, gays are so discriminated against, poor little gay people, etc.? I don't want to know about it, but they feel the need to project onto me anytime the wind blows (several posters are getting really obnoxious with it, but they shall remain nameless).

Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
He is not entitled in many states until the divorce is final. Until then, it is adultry.

Furthermore, most likely his wedding vows included a vow to G-d which he has ignored. So much for moral values.
That's between him and God. Maybe he had a civil ceremony, in which case there is no vow to God. It's not your place or my place or the OP's place to judge him, he has to take it up with God. Do you have any other evidence that goes against this guy's moral character, aside from the fact that he *possibly* had an affair and is living with his mistress during his divorce? If not, then you really aren't in a position to be judging his value system.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Except that Monica Lewinsky wasn't a young girl.
She was in her 20s and well past the age of consent.
And this girl is 25....

Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Isnt taking the moral high road automatically inferred when one runs for public office?
No, they're politicians.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another "family values" republican, and shockingly enough from wisconsin, his wife has reported Senator Hopper has left the family home in the midst of a divorce to live with his 25 year old mistress.

WI GOP Sen. Randy Hopper’s Wife Tells Protesters Hopper Living with 25-year-old mistress in Madison | The Political Carnival
Another politician who can't keep it zipped. That's a huge surprise.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

For real:
http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/Values.htm (broken link)
Preserving Traditional Marriage
Republicans recognize the importance of having in the home a father and a mother who are married. The two-parent family still provides the best environment of stability, discipline, responsibility, and character.

The GOP may not live by traditional family values but it still espouses them in their platform.
Hypocrisy thy name is GOP.
Does this man have kids? Are they grown? Do they even live in the same town or even in the same state? I'm sure the answers to these questions will prove your point moot here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies