Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The hypocritical left wing club is really showing us what they are made of.

The hate attacks on the TP members for one TP members doing something silly and they say the entire group is like that.

But when it comes to a lefty anti American thug doing something like sending death threats they whine when you put them all in one group.

Which damn way do the lefties want it?

It gets old constantly correcting the hate American obstructionist party of thugs.

Liberals=hypocritical

We have seen just how this hate filled group acts when you pin their wrong ways down.
This post is so comical. Everything you said about the left also applies to the right and you know it and even more so. Not one person on the left has said that this threat was ok or even made an excuse for it yet when a tea bagger stomps the head of a young woman, righties thank him and actually say she deserved it. The hypocrisy from the right is amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is it really now? The [Republican] way of thinking? Who was blamed for the deaths in AZ not too many weeks ago, and by whom? As I recall, it was virtually every left wing bolgger, news person (in cluding the one with the thrill up his leg).
Yes, those who jumped to conclusions after the massacre in Tuscon were acting completely inappropriately; those who ignored all the evidence suggesting Loughner was an apolitical nutcase and started (and continue to this day) to call him a liberal are acting just as inappropriately.

Can we please stop assuming bad faith of posters in this forum? I'm sick and tired of people here posting that I or others (on any side) agree with death threats and physical violence to solve debates.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Your post makes me wonder if you have any idea of what something like those e-mails can do for some people who don't really know the score. Too often things like that lead some of those who don't really have enough brains to think the act through to do what is suggested. Now I will admit that this can work on supporters of both sides but I will have to say that we all know that the left backs Democrats, and that the unions are the biggest group of backers so it appears that this person is surely a union member along with the left bent.

I just said we are discussing the left being responsible for this action and your mention of them going to bed early last night may be right but I bet the time change had something to do with it all too. I didn't get up till 10:15 this morning and had lots of basketball games to read about this morning. I guess that is the main reason I haven't answered you sooner.

Nice excuse, Casper.
I made no excuses, I stated the facts of the situtuation. But please feel free to ignore what I said, either way makes no difference to me.
Casper

Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Yes, those who jumped to conclusions after the massacre in Tuscon were acting completely inappropriately; those who ignored all the evidence suggesting Loughner was an apolitical nutcase and started (and continue to this day) to call him a liberal are acting just as inappropriately.

Can we please stop assuming bad faith of posters in this forum? I'm sick and tired of people here posting that I or others (on any side) agree with death threats and physical violence to solve debates.
Agreed. I'm also done with the "ass-umption" on the part of some RW posters that if a "leftist" doesn't come out and condemn each and every case of violence against the right in the strongest words possible, that s/he is condoning it. It is not necessary to jump into every thread and say "I condemn this". The RW doesn't do this regarding cases of violence against the left, so I would ask for the same consideration.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Update - we finally know who made at least some of the death threats.

Woman charged with email threats - JSOnline

Quote:
The subject line of the second email was: "Atten: Death Threat!!!! Bomb!!!" In that email, she purportedly wrote, "Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your families will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks."

"I hope you have a good time in hell," she allegedly wrote in the lengthy email in which she purportedly listed scenarios in which the legislators and their families would die, including bombings and by "putting a nice little bullet in your head."
And who is this lovely young woman?

BREAKING: WI Teacher Charged With Sending Death Threats to GOP Lawmakers | The Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/breaking-wi-teacher-charged-with-sending-death-threats-to-gop-lawmakers/ - broken link)

Quote:
A Wisconsin early childhood teacher was charged with sending death threats to state Republican lawmakers.
Nice.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
That's the way so many lefties are - radical, ignorant...and always WRONG.
Thanks for that baseless, asinine, inane O-P-I-N-I-O-N
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies