U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 AM

17,478 posts, read 11,642,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Is America anti-Muslim?"

Does a bear crap in the woods?
I wouldn't say anti, I said leary, with the right to be so!!

I think we had better beware, there are those Muslims with money and a different view of the world. For some reason, I don't think that world includes America, Britain or Israel.

They even have their own banking system, that I'm sure only Muslims can use.............The Muslim Brotherhood’s Bank in US and Canada
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 AM

5,853 posts, read 6,581,889 times
It is hard to answer if America is anti Islam, because America is a very complex society and doesn't have one single opinion or policy. There is undoubtedly an anti Muslim sentiment among some Americans.
However, I can say with more confidence that there is a strong anti American sentiment in the Muslim world. Unlike America, Muslim countries and societies tend to express less diverse opinions and are more uniform in the way they view others.
The question if America "has the right" to dislike Muslims or not is meaningless. Everyone has the "right to feel" this way or another...The question is what's being done with these feelings.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,732,635 times
Default And

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeB View Post
And the war in Iraq wasn't idiotic?
And the war in LIBYA isn't idiotic?

And don't give me that crud about saving civilians, if that was true then you wouldn't have had a problem with Iraq, while Saddam was killing 10's of thousands of HIS own people.

I think we need to get out of all islamic countries, burn a few dozen quran's a day uintil all these people implode.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM

20 posts, read 14,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
It is hard to answer if America is anti Islam, because America is a very complex society and doesn't have one single opinion or policy. There is undoubtedly an anti Muslim sentiment among some Americans.
However, I can say with more confidence that there is a strong anti American sentiment in the Muslim world. Unlike America, Muslim countries and societies tend to express less diverse opinions and are more uniform in the way they view others.
The question if America "has the right" to dislike Muslims or not is meaningless. Everyone has the "right to feel" this way or another...The question is what's being done with these feelings.
No, that is what the tv-channels in america wants them to look like. But of course they are not in general as open-minded as western europe and usa to alot of things, but it's far from as bad as the tv-channels make them look like. I live in Sweden and I have lots of swedish friends that are dating and some of them are even married, and their families are ok with it, contradicting what many western people would think (since muslims can only marry/date other muslims from what is said). And I'm going to Las Vegas, partying with two muslim friends and two swedish friends to party (which wouldn't be allowed either). I've grown up with muslims around me so I know most of them aren't radical narrow minded morons.

Sweden is known to be the home of many muslims, and if you live amongst them you'll realize that they arent the radical nuts as american media shows them off as. Most of the people that are racist and against muslims in Sweden are the ones living on the countrysides, that never meets them, they just hear about them aswell, but Sweden is far from racist against muslims in general, when I went over to America the first time I was chocked about the debates and the news reports on muslims, and how people spoke about them over there. I think because there are so many muslims here amongst us in Sweden we know them better over here, we are not as afraid of them as americans. We know that most of them aren't terrorists and narrow minded radicals.

The only way americans are seeing muslims are from the news reports which only shows off the bad side. They would never show the muslims good side, cause that is not what news channels do, news channels never show off peoples good side, It's always wars, murders and so on they're reporting about. So of course you guys arent seeing the muslims as good people. Especially in USA and britian which is known to not having the same freedom of press as the rest of the western world, the press are more controlled by the government than for example Scandinavia, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and Australia.

Last edited by MickeB; 04-02-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 12:50 PM

20 posts, read 14,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And the war in LIBYA isn't idiotic?

And don't give me that crud about saving civilians, if that was true then you wouldn't have had a problem with Iraq, while Saddam was killing 10's of thousands of HIS own people.

I think we need to get out of all islamic countries, burn a few dozen quran's a day uintil all these people implode.
Of course it is, but it's a totally diffrent war. But you said america is anit-idiotic which is kind of a contradictory thing to say as the war in iraq was/is a pretty idiotic thing.
Saying that any country is anti-idiotic is a pretty contradictory thing to say, every country has their deficiencies. All muslims aren't crazy radicals.

Last edited by MickeB; 04-02-2011 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 01:51 PM

10,781 posts, read 12,407,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Weird how you completely overlook false christians burning a Koran instigating insanity in the first place. Hollywood never attacks sincere Christians. They have as much cause to rebuke false christians as sincere Muslims would have to rebuke jihad freaks. Any peep out of the Pope's mouth for Coulter's behavior? She's claiming to be Catholic and I'm deeply offended by her misrepresentation.

So you are justifying the beheadings and such????

"They made us do it because they burned our Korans??"

And what paralell universe are you living in!!??? Hollywood never attacks "sincere" Christians!??? LOL!! (rolling on the floor)

Hollywood has never made a distinction and you know it!!

Remember the Last Tempatation of Christ? The DaVinci Code? Blasphemous movies about Christ. A Cross put in jar of URINE and called art????!!! Remember those???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ

And not one Christian went off and killed anybody!! Not one!! There is no moral equivalency here!

Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 PM

6,743 posts, read 8,700,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I know there are some movements in America that are very anti-Muslim but generally in the US what do people think of them?
Yes, Muslims are disliked in this country. Personally I think their religion is F'd up BIG TIME. On the other hand, so is mine...

Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM

11,449 posts, read 15,058,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So you are justifying the beheadings and such????

"They made us do it because they burned our Korans??"

And what paralell universe are you living in!!??? Hollywood never attacks "sincere" Christians!??? LOL!! (rolling on the floor)

Hollywood has never made a distinction and you know it!!

Remember the Last Tempatation of Christ? The DaVinci Code? Blasphemous movies about Christ. A Cross put in jar of URINE and called art????!!! Remember those???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ

And not one Christian went off and killed anybody!! Not one!! There is no moral equivalency here!
Calm down. Don't get so excited. This is only a thread on a forum!
Relax a bit. Lay back and soothe your mind with schemes of how to seduce your neighbor's wife.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:17 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,152,658 times
the evangelical/fundamentalist sections of Abrahamic religions make me a bit leery to be honest. It's not just fundy- muslims, though that's who currently takes the headlines.

In studying comparative religion briefly one has to think what makes Abrahamic relgions just so much more angry than Dharmic or Taoic (when comparing the three main families of world religions)? Abe must've been one mad dude.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 PM

11,027 posts, read 25,267,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
the evangelical/fundamentalist sections of Abrahamic religions make me a bit leery to be honest. It's not just fundy- muslims, though that's who currently takes the headlines.

In studying comparative religion briefly one has to think what makes Abrahamic relgions just so much more angry than Dharmic or Taoic (when comparing the three main families of world religions)? Abe must've been one mad dude.
that there religion has its own legal/court system (sharia law) they have to follow. while the others don't they are told to follow the laws and rules of what ever country they happen live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies