Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM

288 posts, read 351,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I know there are some movements in America that are very anti-Muslim but generally in the US what do people think of them?
Muslim immigration to the US unlike Europe always consisted of Middle Eastern elite and high-skilled labor, doctors, engineers, scientists etc. Before 9/11 this fact was recognized by most Americans and they didn't see a potential terrorist in anyone of Arabic descent. Today America is more Islamophobic than it was 10 years ago, but I don't think it's to a point where Arabs get beaten up on a daily basis or threatened with violence. Although they probably would if they lived in Southern regions of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thankfully more rational minds run this nation, for now.
Casper
Would that be as in "BOWING"

Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
I would hope so.

We do not need multiculturalism and it is past time we sent all Muslims back home to their home countries.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I would hope so.

We do not need multiculturalism and it is past time we sent all Muslims back home to their home countries.
Just out of curiosity, even if you'll manage to send all the Muslims to their respective homes (though I'm not sure what would be "home" for the ones who were born in the States) who would be next on your "sending home" list? Asians? Eastern Europeans? Africans? South Americans?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:14 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
A single case per decade is regularly?
You might want to change your search to "Muslims caught crossing the border" and you'll find more than one a decade.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:19 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I would hope so.

I have the perfect group for you to join. There is about another 10 people in the US who share your view. Good luck

American Nazi Party

Old 03-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You might want to change your search to "Muslims caught crossing the border" and you'll find more than one a decade.
I did. And the first 20 links are all reporting this very same incident. Hardly an Islamic invasion.

See for yourself...

Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
American are not anti muslim. Politicians are not anti muslim. They just using muslim as a show to get more power.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Was Muhammad A Terrorist?
Eventually the persecution became severe and Muhammad fled Mecca running for his life. After arriving in Medina he sent his men out to rob trading caravans. (At this time his Meccan enemies decided to leave him alone. Their perspective was that their problem had run away and they were done with him - good riddance! Tabari’s History states that it was Muhammad’s attacks on their caravans that started the war between Muhammad and the Meccans). As these raids continued caravan attendants were murdered by the Muslim thieves and Muhammad's attacks transgressed the cultural norms and Arab mores’ of warfare. To justify his crimes Muhammad claimed to have received a special message, a "revelation", from Allah. You can read about this in Tabari Vol. 7 pp10-22 and LoM pp281-289.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Oh really ?!!

After conquest of Meccah that tortured early muslims and forced them finally to go out to Madinah, this was the situation:
"O you people of Quraish! What do you think of the treatment that I am about to accord to you?"
They replied:
"O noble brother and son of noble brother! We expect nothing but goodness from you."
Upon this he said:
"I speak to you in the same words as Yusuf (the Prophet Joseph) spoke unto his brothers: He said: "No reproach on you this day," [Al-Qur'an 12:92] go your way, for you are freed ones."
source :The Prophet Muhammad boigraphy

What's your source ?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 PM

155 posts, read 146,615 times
Most conservatives Americans are xenophobic and racist and project the beliefs of radicals onto other Muslims.

It makes me sick really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies