Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times

Advertisements

Basically the public views muslimslike they di germans and japanese in WWII. But Muslims have done a poor job in separatimg themselves from radical muslims by not condemming their acts of terrorism strongly enough. Its like the arabg league i the Libyian war. They want to stop the libyian government but still not condone killing them because they are muslim. Kind of its alright to be bad if your muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 11:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I know there are some movements in America that are very anti-Muslim but generally in the US what do people think of them?
Really? Care to name them specifically or just flinging anti-American hyperbole?

I think the USA is anti-radical Islam, anti-jihad, anti-Sharia. We have nothing against Muslims who've chosen to join modern civilization, not attempt to place political Islam into our judiciary, and who speak out against the violent radical factions of Islam. Infact, the US has welcomed Muslims from all over the world.

Just another troll thread.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:51 AM

643 posts, read 1,120,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'm curious as to why you can make an observation like that so easily, yet start a thread like this one. Do you realize that you answered your own question?
That's what i think. I cannot say it's a fact. Hence the thread creation.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 AM

643 posts, read 1,120,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Really? Care to name them specifically or just flinging anti-American hyperbole?

I think the USA is anti-radical Islam, anti-jihad, anti-Sharia. We have nothing against Muslims who've chosen to join modern civilization, not attempt to place political Islam into our judiciary, and who speak out against the violent radical factions of Islam. Infact, the US has welcomed Muslims from all over the world.

The American Nazi Party is a group who have expressed their hatred for Islam among other things.

And that's just off the top of my head.

I saw another group carrying signs in a march saying 'stop the Islamfifcation of America'

Old 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM

20 posts, read 15,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That video was just a sampling! You and I know it. The whole Muslim world views us as the Great Satan and Israel as Satan Jr.
You don't know alot of muslims nor have you spoken to many muslims have you? yet you're stille making that statement.
I know alot of muslims in person and non of them are anti-america and all of them hate the radical islam. Most of them are not radical terrorists who hates the USA. And remember that those videos came from Fox News, probably the most right-wing angeled television channel in america. And USA have gone to many wars in the middle-east which have killed a hell of a lot of innocent civilian people, which of course makes people mad at the US. But not enough people to call the muslims as a whole anti-american. There are loads of christians and whites in european countries that strongly dislikes americas politic and especially their foreign-politics but that doesn't make europe anit-american.

Is america anti-muslim? not as a whole I think. but watching this video, I am grossed out by how some people treat this women like she has no human emotions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbQWxHIn4U

Quote:
There we go again!!

Hey.....when you have a string of attacks where some nut blows up a crowd while yelling "Jesus is Lord", then come and see me!!

Until then there is no comparison!!
No but IRA killed loads of people in terror attacks, not while bombing themself but they killed alot of innocent people so there have been some really ****ed up christians aswell. And there are stills terror attacks made by christians. Most terror attacks in europe are not made by muslims but by europeans and christians.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

I would not say we welcomed them for the most part there is a good deal of resentment for muslims and much resistance to allowing them to build mosques. There is enormous resentment from middle class whites, just walk into your local downtown pub and ask them how they feel about muslims in general.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I know there are some movements in America that are very anti-Muslim but generally in the US what do people think of them?

I think they're Americans, just like me, and have the Constitutional right to practice their religion under the 1st amendment.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
53% of Americans have an unfavorable view of Islam.
Poll: Americans have negative view of Islam - The Boston Globe

And there are good reasons for that.

So instead of THEM checking themselves out and asking "Hey...why are people so afraid to get on planes with us?", noooooo.....we're the bad guys!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:

So instead of THEM checking themselves out and asking "Hey...why are people so afraid to get on planes with us?", noooooo.....we're the bad guys!
Well maybe all muslims shouldn't be lumped in with the radical factions any more than the other extremists.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM

20 posts, read 15,699 times
Quote:

You are just as narrow-minded as the radical muslims aren't you? I bet you've never even spoken to a muslim. If all muslims are suicide bombers and terrorists, there would be no muslims in the world, they would have all been dead. Please read my reply to your other posts. Why do you think there have been revolutions in so many muslim countries lately? Because they are tired of opression by their radical leaders and they are tired of the rest of the world looking at them as redical western world haters because of their leaders and a few crazy terrorist organizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies