Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,721,815 times

Advertisements

I am waiting for Barry and his Justice Dept. to SUE Japan when the radiation hits our coast. Why not? He did the same thing to BP during the Gulf oil spill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 PM

17,397 posts, read 11,963,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
I think you're all missing the point. WE OWE JAPAN MONEY! I think it is PERFECTLY reasonable to say "Hey, if you want our help, how about knocking a little off the bill, hmm?"

Considering those SOB's only donated a lousy 200k when Katrina happened, I think this idea is even more reasonable.
Wow. Just wow.

I think it's amazing that people don't grasp the difference between the country of Japan, who we owe money to, and the people of Japan, who are suffering right now.

So by your thinking, nobody should have donated to Katrina? I mean, our nation is a very wealthy one (well, we were then), so by your rational, the people of New Orleans were out of luck. Alrighty then.

And for the record, those SOB's were very generous with regards to Katrina (according to Wikipedia) -

The Japanese Foreign Ministry said that it would provide $200,000 to the American Red Cross to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. Japan also identified needs in affected regions via the U.S. government and provided up to $1,000,000 in emergency supplies such as tents, blankets and power generators if they receive requests from the U.S. for such assistance. Private and corporate donations totaled over $13 million.One Japanese individual, Takashi Endo, donated USD $1,000,000 from his personal funds to Katrina relief efforts.

And I thought I was cold hearted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies