Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

I remember when I was a child, I thought of what I might want to be. I wanted to be a scientist and do cool scientist stuff. I ended up being a network/telecom guy. Such is life. One of those childhood memories drilled in me from I don't know where was that anyone can grow up to be anything, even President. Obama broke the color barrier, and that was awesome. But as for me, you couldn't pay me enough to be President. Or famous, for that matter.

Imagine living under a microscope, with every word you utter having meaning. And then those words are misinterpreted, rehashed, respoken, blogged, etc. until the original meaning is lost. Or you just say some dumbass thing, and there you go, 40 percent blah blah say you said blah blah because of blah blah. Sometimes, it's just ludicrous. The people votes the President in, and then there's this chunk that wants them to fail - and relishes in it when it happens. That is a sorry state to be in, isn't it?

It's so easy to sit back in your chair and take potshots at people, though.
I'm thinking most people wouldn't want the job.

(Video has adult language.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Nope. Never lived in public housing and hope I never will.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
i think about wanting to be president from time to time, then my fever breaks and i get better.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Do you want to be President?

Nope i want to be the sole ruler, what I say goes.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
No. I'm on a low stress diet.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
No but I hear this is where Obama first got his political aspirations.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:48 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I actually think the worst job in any administration is White House Press Secretary. Every day you have to:

1. Face a bunch of jackals and prima donnas in the media.
2. Answer questions you can't really prep for because you don't know ahead of time what you will be asked (no teleprompter for Press Secretary)
3. Look and sound like you know what you are talking about even when a question comes at you from left field and you have no idea and are loathe to use the "I'll get back to you on that" response.
4. Backtrack or cover for your boss and other idiots in the administration who "misspoke."
5. Present the opinion of your boss sometimes before he has presented that opinion, publicly.
6. Reply to a bazillion messages, requests and phone calls every stinkin' day. UGH.

I don't drink but that job could make me drink. The President serves at least 4 years but White House Press Secretaries don't last that long.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Never! in a million years, no matter who you are or what you are, you are constantly under the radar, i'm not an alcholic, but i would be, if i were President!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
I could do a better job than the Jack Wagon in the WH, now.
I'm not considered Elite enough, to waste the effort.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I remember when I was a child, I thought of what I might want to be. I wanted to be a scientist and do cool scientist stuff. I ended up being a network/telecom guy. Such is life. One of those childhood memories drilled in me from I don't know where was that anyone can grow up to be anything, even President. Obama broke the color barrier, and that was awesome. But as for me, you couldn't pay me enough to be President. Or famous, for that matter.

Imagine living under a microscope, with every word you utter having meaning. And then those words are misinterpreted, rehashed, respoken, blogged, etc. until the original meaning is lost. Or you just say some dumbass thing, and there you go, 40 percent blah blah say you said blah blah because of blah blah. Sometimes, it's just ludicrous. The people votes the President in, and then there's this chunk that wants them to fail - and relishes in it when it happens. That is a sorry state to be in, isn't it?

(Video has adult language.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg
So the point is that it's "hard" to be Obama or Angie Jolie?

Stay out of the limelight if you can't handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies