Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Chickens and cows have heartbeats. Shall we make you visit a barn before you can eat at a steakhouse?

You see to your own body parts and your own morality and I'll attend to mine.
I don't consider killing chickens and cows to be wrong. Do you?

As for keeping to my own body and you to your's...that doesn't work once you have a new life growing inside of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
As a religious conservative*, I believe women who are impregnated by their rapist should not only have to carry their baby to term, but they should be forced to marry their rapist as well. Being a single-parent is a sin.

*or not

most of them "ask" for it.

...or not.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
Hrmmmm....

I wonder if when we go out to eat KFC if they had pictures of chickens being slaughtered on the wall - mandated by our caring government - if that would be over the top.
Or a dead cow on one side of the menu. Look how it died, and enjoy yuor steak. If you have no emotional stake in the abortion, I doubt hearing the fetus would bother you. I'm trying to think of any woman that looks forward to having this done.

It's just piling pain on pain. We don't do that to criminals. Be kind of funny though. Maybe like a slowly moving mechanical mechanism that the killer's arm is strapped into, and it descends onto a button that when pushed, injects the poison. Your arm, true, controlled by the state, and you're killing yourself and you can't stop it.

Just like it's her lady parts, controlled by the state, they're making you have a procedure done that you don't want, and you don't have a choice.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

As for keeping to my own body and you to your's...that doesn't work once you have a new life growing inside of you.
Some people consider killing cows and chickens to be wrong. Why shouldn't you honor THEIR beliefs and get forced into vegetarianism? After all you can't deny that cows and chickens are life, can you?

It's the exact same principle.

I eat meat. I would have an early abortion. Frankly neither one of those decisions are your business. If you feel otherwise don't have an abortion and don't eat meat.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Being forced to listen to a heartbeat? Well, let us not make anyone feel guilty.
One minute you will hear it but don't worry, you will make it stop beating.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Many folks do. What is your point? Laws don't change because an out-of-touch minority (like PETA) is opposed to something all the rest of us are on board with - such as slaughtering animals for food.

Quote:
Should we ban having warts removed too? After all, it is a new life growing inside of you.

Face it - the out-of-touch minority in the case of banning abortion (religious zealots and their ilk) have been unable to convince the majority of our society that abortion needs to be banned. When you remove the hysterical subjectivity and irrational lunacy that the anti-abortion crowd is famous for, there is no valid argument to ban abortion.

Thank God. <-- hee hee!

7,214 posts, read 9,392,359 times
The whole "rapist caused abortions" canard is old and tired. If a woman is raped she can report it to the police and receive a morning after pill which will prevent the pregnancy in the first place. I wonder how many women actually get raped and wait several months to then get an abortion. Please show me the statistics.

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
I would imagine the person in question getting said abortion. I doubt the state is going to maintain the costs of doing...not to mention paying for the mental rehabilitation the psychological effects are likely to cause on the woman. This bill is a total debacle of political agenda.
And of course those same people forcing the ultrasound would no doubt tell you it's wrong to force people to buy health insurance. They only favor government interference when it suits their agenda.

Damn hypocrites!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Being forced to listen to a heartbeat? Well, let us not make anyone feel guilty.
One minute you will hear it but don't worry, you will make it stop beating.
Because guilt should always be the primary motivation when raising children. Pregnancy as punishment is also a wonderful idea.

Yeah.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Hrmmmm....

I wonder if when we go out to eat KFC if they had pictures of chickens being slaughtered on the wall - mandated by our caring government - if that would be over the top.
But that would upset KFC corporate and we know what sacred cows corporations are to the NeoConfused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies