Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Is Your Opinion Of The Tea Party's Performance So Far?
Strongly Disapprove 113 48.50%
Disapprove 16 6.87%
Neutral 12 5.15%
Approve 24 10.30%
Strongly Approve 68 29.18%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 05:12 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Desperate, desperate, are we not?

2012 is just around the corner with nothing for our liberal friends to run on.

Hope and change won't sell twice.

We've already seen Obama's change offers no hope.

Bush, despite recent threads to the contrary, is as real to voters as an ancient fable of a greedy king.

No one cares about Bush anymore.

So who will be the left's villain going forward?

It can't be the Tea Party movement because there are too many of us, we are too ordinary, too independent and have nothing to gain by opposing deficit spending other than preserving the nation for our children.

However, those who point the accusatory finger have much to gain by continuing to steal from our children.

This is where the left, the net recipients of government's corruption, lose the argument.

Your motives for attacking those who would restrain deficit spending are obvious to all.

Today, spending is at an all-time high.

Federal deficits have never been higher.

Unemployment is persistent, and wages are stagnant.

The cost of energy and food are on a dramatic rise.

To the tone deaf in DC, this means the voters want more spending so we can "invest" our way out of the current economic malaise.

I suppose liberals are incapable of arriving at any other conclusion.

After two years of absolute rule, the administration has completely failed by every objective standard to accomplish anything that matters to ordinary Americans.

You can't make the voters forget the past two years of failure, and that is the only way anything you say now will be believed.

Have a nice day!
Boy oh Boy, I cannot tell you how fast the Democrats are going to rush out to the polls in 2012 to put the Republicans back into office.

We Dems know that the Republicans bankrupted the country and that they are selling out our country to the highest lowlife scumbag bidders.

We are not the party of Stupid.

We will leave that reality to what remains of the Tea Bag fragmented GOP, and those fine minds Fox and Friends have to offer... Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Palin, Limbaugh, et al.

See ya in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times
Pawns used to facilitate the greed of the rich and powerful of this country.

People that fail to see much past how much they pay in taxes.

People that take government services for granted. Roads, bridges, water, food quality and testing, police, prisons, fire, schools, electrical grid, military, etc.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Boy oh Boy, I cannot tell you how fast the Democrats are going to rush out to the polls in 2012 to put the Republicans back into office.

We Dems know that the Republicans bankrupted the country and that they are selling out our country to the highest lowlife scumbag bidders.

We are not the party of Stupid.

We will leave that reality to what remains of the Tea Bag fragmented GOP, and those fine minds Fox and Friends have to offer... Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Palin, Limbaugh, et al.

See ya in 2012.
I agree, the tea party's assault on liberty has been clearly shown their only true agenda is destroy the middle class and lead us into a fascist reign. The middle class are fired up and it's panning out to not be looking pretty for the right in 2012
This poll is a quite revealing with almost double the people strongly against the tea party than strongly for, and this is a heavily right wing biased forum.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
All the hate I've been seeing is from the tea party/radical right
Side affect of Koolaide.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Tea Party = lost sick fringe people who'll follow any foolish idea.

They know neither love nor understanding since they feed daily on hate and evil thoughts.
I love it! Accusations of hate and evil, all the while spewing the true hate and evil.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:46 PM

36 posts, read 25,270 times
Quote:
The tea party, the new "grassroots" movement promised many things in the past mid-term elections and ran on "less government!" "less spending!" "pro-constitution!" though when it came to when the rubber meets the road, their campaign slogans seem to have fallen short. From Gov. Walker's massive spending and attacks on the unions leading to historic backlash, to the ultimate big government, anti-constitution bill, the patriot act, the tea party were almost in unanimous support for it. The tea party also stated many times the #1 agenda is creating jobs, but where are they? Is the tea party a fraud?
Immature, ignorant, and oppressive.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
The effects of the T Party will be felt accross the Country. In elections the candidates with the R following, stands for Recall or Replace. Yep, that's the TParty effect.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
The tea party also stated many times the #1 agenda is creating jobs, but where are they?
The Tea Party has stated MANY MANY times their goal is to lower the debt and reduce the size of government. You don't know what they stand for yet you comment on them?? rather silly. People are becoming informed. They won't believe these fictional posts. can you say agenda?

The horrible policies by both sides of spend now and sacrifice the future is slowly ending. Personal responsibility has been hollow rhetoric until the Tea Party came along. How is cutting the the budget working out from the dems side? Any better than the repubs? Living within your means is a fairy tale to those parties. Funny how the Tea Party is the ONLY one with a budget that has spending cuts not scratches.

I'm all for choices but it's too bad I'm stuck with your bad ones time after time after time. It's a shame the dems and repubs keep electing manipulative hacks like Obama and McCain. I wonder what's the next plan they can come up with to save us from their last mess? I can't wait for the neat graphs.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
I agree, the tea party's assault on liberty has been clearly shown their only true agenda is destroy the middle class and lead us into a fascist reign. The middle class are fired up and it's panning out to not be looking pretty for the right in 2012
This poll is a quite revealing with almost double the people strongly against the tea party than strongly for, and this is a heavily right wing biased forum.
Why don't you ask a mod to make this a public poll so we can see who actually voted for what? Oh wait, you can't do that can you?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 AM

146 posts, read 225,123 times
Count me among the plurality here as very, very strongly opposed to this disgusting, pathetic astro-turf movement.

Two simple questions to Tea Partiers: how many Republican Presidents since 1950 have reduced overall Federal spending? Even when conservative Republicans controlled both Congress and the White House from 2001-2006, what happened to the overall level of Federal spending?

I am not an old person, but I do remember - quite well in fact - deafening silence from the right-wing when Ronnie and Dubya, respectively, were busy running up the national credit card with profligate military spending and tax cuts for the well-to-do. If President Palin were put in office tomorrow and managed to triple our debt in a year, there would hardly be a peep from this group.

There is indeed a certain "colorful", ahem, motivation behind the Tea Party - not economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies