Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You don't have to do much research to find that Obama has always been a Marxist. But maybe you don't know how to do that.
Oh but I do. But unlike you, I seek out objective sources.

Quote:
You could start here: American Thinker: Meeting Young Obama

An article written by a former radical leftist who has met Obama.

Perhaps you don't know he was mentored by a Marxist.
So was I, at one point. And I'm not a Marxist now, or anything close to it.

You've presented some opinions, but no facts.

Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
...He said what most all "believers in some God from most all cultures" believe. Maybe you need to actually open the Bible and read it...

You think that most people of faith believe that the earthquake and tsunami in Japan is an example of "god" punishing the Japanese people for something?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You think that most people of faith believe that the earthquake and tsunami in Japan is an example of "god" punishing the Japanese people for something?
That is what the Governor of Tokyo said not Beck. Beck said in his opening remark in that video "I am NOT saying that God caused earthquakes". What he did say is open to interpretation according to YOUR beliefs.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Like, kill all homosexuals, if a womans on her period she has to leave the village for a week, women can't wear mens clothes, etc.

That kind of God talking to a man, I don't want.
I hear you but in all my cynicism, I don't lay any blame or give any credit to God for that. That is all free will...from man.

I am imagining the partnership of God and man writing the bible and the challenges there surely must have been to accomplish that.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That is what the Governor of Tokyo said not Beck. Beck said in his opening remark in that video "I am NOT saying that God caused earthquakes". What he did say is open to interpretation according to YOUR beliefs.

Please slow down and read my post. I didn't say Beck said anything.

I was asking dcsldcd if he thinks that most people of faith believe that "god" is punishing the folks in Japan. If you read my quote by him, that is what it appears he is saying.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:

Most or some. No one could say what percentage. Many historically do see events like this as the wrath of God.

Personally I think if you make a life in places prone for natural disaster, you cannot be surprised when they happen, like people that build their house on a cliff.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Most or some. No one could say what percentage. Many historically do see events like this as the wrath of God.
You said *most*. So, do you believe that, or do you believe it is only *some*?

Quote:
Personally I think if you make a life in places prone for natural disaster, you cannot be surprised when they happen, like people that build their house on a cliff.
I agree with this 100%. The above statement is MILES away from saying Japan is being punished by "god", however. So, which is it? Is it a natural disaster or is it divine punishment?

Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
You said *most*. So, do you believe that, or do you believe it is only *some*?

I agree with this 100%. The above statement is MILES away from saying Japan is being punished by "god", however. So, which is it? Is it a natural disaster or is it divine punishment?

What you digging for son? Obviously I think it is natural disaster by my answer. You did read my answer didn't you? As for most or some I have no clue how many have those beliefs. Here I will try playing whatever silly game you are attempting. You give me a solid number of "most" and a solid number of "some" and I will see if I "feel" an affinity for one of them. Maybe if neither works we can try all over again.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Default Missouri in 1840?

I saw a program on the History Channel some time ago that told the story of a town in the midwest in the 19th century. The town was built on some kind of highly sulfuric soil, not unlike the thermal stuff that happens in Yellowstone Park in Wyoming and in certain parts of the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains. At some point, smelling steamy geysers popped up everywhere, and the earth shook, nearly over whelming the town and its inhabitants. So large a scale was the uproar that these people saw it as the second coming of Christ and with the common guilt based or guilt laced faith, many fell to the ground in repentance asking for forgiveness.

Nothing like catastrophe to stir apocalyptic / end of the world visions. It seems little has changed for the last 170 years or so...

I am not surprised at the Governor's sentiment but more surprised that it was stated to the media. With GB, it is a promotional thing. As in promoting his show. With Japanese diplomats, it would seem to be a matter of composure. Quite different, IMO.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Japan has one of the lowest birth rates in the world.
Gee, I didn't realize natuaral disasters only happened in Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies