Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 09:07 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
lol. He says right in his opening remark that he is NOT saying that God is causing earthquakes.
And then turns around and implies it.

Typical.

It's like someone saying "Now, I'm not a racist, but..." and you know the next thing they say will actually be racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:10 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
lol. He says right in his opening remark that he is NOT saying that God is causing earthquakes.

Really? LOL!

So all this is, is another example of the desperation of the Beck hating leftists to attack him even if they have to lie and twist or eliminate his words?

You just can't make this stuff up!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
And then turns around and implies it.

Typical.

It's like someone saying "Now, I'm not a racist, but..." and you know the next thing they say will actually be racist.
I didn't hear him imply anything but what he believed. He simply believes people will be held accountable for their actions by a higher power. I would have to agree with him. The higher power being nature just exposed the stupidity of the Japanese scientists who never thought that a Tsunami would come right after an earth quake. DUHHHHH. There are only 2 things that cause tsunamis, besides and asteroid impact, that is a massive land slide into the ocean or an earthquake on the sea floor. Now, seeing that Japan is located in the RING OF FIRE, that was a seriously stupid thing to say and not be prepared for. Another REALLY stupid thing they did was NOT protect their backup power generators from FLOODING when the nuke plant resides right on the shore!!!!!! So as you see, there is more to interpret to what he said than you are willing to give credit for. All you see is religious blathering. I see it differently.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Really? LOL!

So all this is, is another example of the desperation of the Beck hating leftists to attack him even if they have to lie and twist or eliminate his words?

You just can't make this stuff up!
Yes, all they hear is religious talk, they fail to but it into perspective that bad choices will be exposed by a higher power, such as nature.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:23 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,333 times
That doesn't make any sense. It's doublespeak. "I am not saying God caused this earthquake. But it is a message from God." How does that even work? EVERYTHING not done by man is caused by God.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
That doesn't make any sense. It's doublespeak. "I am not saying God caused this earthquake. But it is a message from God." How does that even work? EVERYTHING not done by man is caused by God.
Nature IS God, for me atleast, so what you said is correct.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,369 times
I guess reading through these threads and commenting on those where the spirit leads me, is disconcertiong to some. So here is my own take on Japan. It is a mind boggling catastrophe. But the earthquakes are happening in a fault region. That may be God or just the shifting in tectonic plates. I am not in a hurry to decide which it is, regardless of my faith.

So Glenn Beck made controversial comments. So what? It is in his best interest, and his employer's best interest, as an entertainer to get ratings. Judging from the amount of press this has gotten (GB's ratings health not withstanding) he is doing his job. I do not begrudge GB for what he says. I recognize it for what I think it is...entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Furthermore, arguing about what he says is an extension of the entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Lastly, nothing significant comes from right blasting left and vice versa. It would be one thing if both sides aired their point of view and learned from their differences. But does that ever happen? What good could ever come from hating the haters?

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 03-15-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Well all this boils down to the insanity of the leftist brain. I don't care if some leftist does not believe what my OWN opinion is. I don't care if some leftist cannot understand the concept of the religious for retribution by God that is in the Bible numerous times.

Only your fellow sheep and the haters, looking for reasons to hate, will care about your opinion when you cannot understand minimal facts or the historical beliefs of many.
Ah. There goes that humility again.

As far as I am concerned, allegiance to a party, Democrat or Republican, is sheep-like behavior.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I didn't hear him imply anything but what he believed. He simply believes people will be held accountable for their actions by a higher power. I would have to agree with him. The higher power being nature just exposed the stupidity of the Japanese scientists who never thought that a Tsunami would come right after an earth quake. DUHHHHH. There are only 2 things that cause tsunamis, besides and asteroid impact, that is a massive land slide into the ocean or an earthquake on the sea floor. Now, seeing that Japan is located in the RING OF FIRE, that was a seriously stupid thing to say and not be prepared for. Another REALLY stupid thing they did was NOT protect their backup power generators from FLOODING when the nuke plant resides right on the shore!!!!!! So as you see, there is more to interpret to what he said than you are willing to give credit for. All you see is religious blathering. I see it differently.
It was implied in his rant.

As for nature, yeah I agree.

I'd cut Japan a little slack here though, I don't think there is a country on Earth more prepared than they are for this sort of thing. It was just a hell of a tsunami and it hit too quick for everyone to get out.

As for not having the nuke plants protected from this sort of thing...you may be right about that.

But you can't say that Beck didn't put some religious implications in there. It wasn't as bad as what Robertson usually does, but I still think it was obnoxious and inappropriate.

And yes, I would think the same thing if it came out of Olbermann's mouth.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Nature IS God, for me atleast, so what you said is correct.
For you...but not for the average Beck viewer. You aren't the audience he is pandering to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies