Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

It is here people.

Wiemar Republic is now at our doorstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is here people.

Something has to wake the American voter.

So far they want everything without paying for it. El stupidos!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't worry. The government can just print the money to deal with hyperinflation.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Treasury auctions were very weak.
Also very downplayed in the MSM.

Between the problems in Japan and the European countries upping financial support for the PIIGS there really is no one left to buy our debt.

China is busy wheeling and dealing with other countries buying up commodities and making long term deals.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Don't worry. The government can just print the money to deal with hyperinflation.
Maybe we will pull a Zimbabwe and print million dollar bills, I always wanted to be a millionare. I will have to get on youtube and hold that bill up for all to see I reckon mmmm hmmm.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Maybe we will pull a Zimbabwe and print million dollar bills, I always wanted to be a millionare. I will have to get on youtube and hold that bill up for all to see I reckon mmmm hmmm.
Lol......That could just be a trip to the corner store for bread and milk.....

Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Treasury auctions were very weak.
Also very downplayed in the MSM.

Between the problems in Japan and the European countries upping financial support for the PIIGS there really is no one left to buy our debt.

China is busy wheeling and dealing with other countries buying up commodities and making long term deals.
ha no doubt the way china is throwing money around up here in canada to build a oil and natural gas pipe line to the ocean and already bought up 3% of our oil reserves on a mutli-year multi-billion doller deal. they also tried to buy our

thing is though the average person does not see a dime of that money. but a huge pipe line from albetra to B.C.'s shipping port up north means lots of decent paying jobs that will take years to build through the rockies.

What if China or another country has big ideas about coming into Alberta with truckloads of cash and tries to take over up that province’s huge oilsands like BHP tried to buy Potash Corp.in Saskatchewan? Not gonna happen, says Alberta’s outspoken Premier, Ed Stelmach. Stelmach said that during a trip to China last year with Wall, he was asked repeatedly by his hosts when a pipeline will be built from the oilsands to a proposed ship terminal in British Columbia just south of Alaska’s panhandle. That pipeline is being held up by a number of First Nations tribes over whose lands that pipeline must be built.

Stelmach, who’s also waging a P.R. war against environmentalists who are publicizing pollution at the “oilpatch,” says he told the Chinese, “You’re not just goingto get our energy. We want a robust trade experience.” Strong loonie or otherwise.He also says that if you’re going to buy Canadian oil, he has no beef with that, but… we do have beef to sell you.

Ownership in the huge oil sands is not as concentrated as it was with Potash, with Canadian, U.S., British firms owning pieces of the oil patch, the second-largest source of crude outside Saudi Arabia.

Stelmach supported Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall’s battle to keep BHP Billiton from taking over that province’s huge fertilizer company for $38 billion last year. Ottawa, lobbied hard by Wall, rejected the megadeal.
from:Monopoly of Canadian oil won’t happen: Alberta premier - Canada - MarketWatch

you know it something is up when your 2 billion doller fertilzer business is trying to be bought for 38 billion by china and trying buy out US, british and canadian companies buy throwing large sums of cash around.

Last edited by GTOlover; 03-15-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post

Get the wheel barrel ready because it will take a ton of dough to buy a loaf of bread...just like Germany after WW1. Bent Bow what will you do with your useless money? I will use my money to wallpaper the bedroom or for TP to wipe my a$$.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
The PPT hasn't been in the news of late.
I wonder if they are going to pump today.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Get the wheel barrel ready because it will take a ton of dough to buy a loaf of bread...just like Germany after WW1. Bent Bow what will you do with your useless money? I will use my money to wallpaper the bedroom or for TP to wipe my a$$.

After the bills are paid, I have been buying gold.
I also have a nice little honey hole, I have been panning about an ounce a weekend from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies