Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do you really believe cops don't dump all over the rights of whites?

One white guy, one black guy, different cars.
Sometimes do you even believe the crap youp right.

There is a totally different dynamic when black drivers are stopped.

No one is suggesting whites don't get stopped, cut the b.s.!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodiesel4x4 View Post
I think it's one of those unwritten rules that all of us know about. Whether it be right or wrong is irrelevant, really. Laws were meant to be broken. Does that mean the ones who enforce it should act outside the law? Absolutely not. But police are only human and have to make judgement calls. Alot of those calls do not follow a strict order of the law. If that were the case, we might have all kinds of criminals out on the streets that shouldn't be on the streets. That "hunch" sometimes has a lot of validity to it.
I totally disagree. There are no "unwritten rules". Or there shouldn't be any.

And I don't want the cops stopping anybody on a "hunch". They need to follow the law 100% of the time.

If the only way cops can catch criminals is to break the law, then I say let the criminals go free. Then fire the cops and find cops who can catch criminals without breaking the law.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Maybe so, but lots of whites get beat by cops too...
?

These are unbelievable. I don't understand why more people are not concerned about this obvious abuse of power. I guess they take the attitude of "unless it happens to me, I don't care", or maybe "this only happens to the bad guys".

Abuse of power has nothing to do with race.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Abuse of power has nothing to do with race.
In America all to often the abuse of power has everything to do with race.

The whole dynamic of racism is one group of people having power over another. In the United States the police have traditionally been used as a tool to oppress Black Americans and deprive them of their civil and human rights.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your post is absolutely unbelievable. You are totally wrong. The police have no authority to tell anyone where they can and cannot be regardless of the time of day. And I don't need a reason to be anywhere on public property.

If I choose to drive or park or walk in any neighborhood in America, I can do so and the police have no authority to tell me I cannot. I can drive on any street in the USA 24 hours per day and the police cannot tell me to leave.

Streets are not private property. And if you are on private property, the police cannot tell you to leave unless the owner says so.

Your assessment of police power is totally off base.
His assessment of police power is based on the fact he as no problem at all using the police to oppress and harass Black Americans.

Most racist traditionally have no problem with the police abusing or denying Black Americans their constitutional and human rights. If fact they see that as one of the more essential roles of the police in society.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your videos.

But notice I stated in my earlier post that it was much LESS LIKELY that a white person would face police brutality or harassment not that it didn't happen at all.

I don't condone excessive force, harassment or police brutality against ANYBODY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies