Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For reference - I'm black - so you can put that in the circular file.

Answer the question. You have to live and exist and take care of yourself while he is president. How does he help you?
Wait a minute! WHY are the alleged 'small government', 'we hate the nanny state", 'take personal responsibilty' Republicans whining about what the government's doing to help you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:56 PM

103 posts, read 157,540 times
Quote:
Other than being happy and gloating about your guy winning in 2012...

how do you benefit from 4 more years of Obama as prez?

and how do Americans in general benefit from 4 more years?
I think it's kind of a ridiculous question. How did Bush benefit you? A president can't give you a job or cut your lawn. They may be able to cut your taxes, but maybe that harms you in the long run and you're just short-sighted.

A president steers a ship, he doesn't do room service.

I think your tone here says a lot about what you want out of this thread - mainly you want two teams to set up on either side of the field and take pot shots at each other, but you don't really want an answer. That's why you asked such a narrow question - you know that it's basically meaningless.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM

334 posts, read 188,363 times
Quote:

About as much as I did under Bush.

However, I did benefit quite a bit from Clinton. Unfortunately he was steadily selling us off to China behind the scenes. Bush Sr.? Also useless. Reagan? Another crook. Carter? Useless.......... and so on.

Unfortunately, much of our success in the 90's was from corporations. Even more unfortunate, much of our problems today are from them as well. Corporations decide the success of a president. That is what needs to change.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Hopefully another appointment or two to the Supreme Court.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Get over the color issue, you know it has nothing what so ever to do with the MAN'S COLOR. But it does have to do, with the way he conducts himself, his business practices, and non business practices, lousy policies, sort of a bully etc! And not being able to keep us to a NEW ERA OF HOPE AND CHANGE YES WE CAN, NO HE CAN'T. And sorry to say, but this economy is still in the tank, no matter what anyone tells us.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:

In the short term, Americans benefitted from a few safety nets put in place to help people in need, and from the economy going from terrible to terrifying. In the desire that someone actually noticed health care system in America is broken, was unsustainable, and had the courage to tackle it.

In the longer term, Americans will benefit from realizing that aggression shouldn’t be the basis of foreign policy. That we can’t live on oil forever and that America needs help at home. That intellectualism is not a lost cause.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:12 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Get over the color issue, you know it has nothing what so ever to do with the MAN'S COLOR.
No, I don't know that. In fact I have seen evidence that supports my opinion that many have racism as their underlying dislike for Obama.

They make all sorts of proxy excuses for it, but it's there.

Quote:
But it does have to do, with the way he conducts himself, his business practices, and non business practices, lousy policies, sort of a bully etc! And not being able to keep us to a NEW ERA OF HOPE AND CHANGE YES WE CAN, NO HE CAN'T. And sorry to say, but this economy is still in the tank, no matter what anyone tells us.
Lots of fluff here, but what substance?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Often people vote for the least bad candidate and not necessarily the best candidate. Certainly President Obama has done a few things I don't like. Bailing out GM/Chrysler, the war in Afghanistan and "Obamacare" come to mind. On the other hand, the economy is recovering nicely and he has managed not to mess that up. When I look at his Republican predecessor, he messed up a whole lot more than President Obama has with a hugely expensive and unnecessary war in Iraq and piloting us into that nasty recession. So, on balance, President Obama has not done too bad.

So, the big question is who the GOP will run against him. Right now, I have not seen a single GOP candidate who can beat President Obama and who I would be willing to vote for. But there is still time.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,495 times
Thanks to health care reform, my little sister was able to get back on our parents insurance. I also have more take home pay now because of the social security tax cut.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
name one president who has done anything to improve your life. pointless question imo and completely subjective.

dont assume one party is the savior because neither are.

and i dont believe most people are against obama because he's black, although to say that isn't out there is stupid. id say 10-20 percent of his opposition is solely racially driven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies