Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Delusions of Grandeur? That would be the public employee unions, thinking they can forcibly squeeze more money out of the already tapped out taxpayers.
Something you have YET to prove. That's my POINT. You CAN'T prove it since it's not yet even HAPPENED.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Delusions of Grandeur? That would be the public employee unions, thinking they can forcibly squeeze more money out of the already tapped out taxpayers.
And again, if you think its fair for employees to have their future pay raises limited to the cost of living increases why don't YOU volunteer to have YOUR salary limited to such an increase?

Fair is fair. Put your money where your mouth is.

Ken

Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That argument makes no sense at all.
Sure it does. You just don't like the fact that you've just admitted that public unions should accept the collective bargaining limitations because the state is unwilling to let it continue unrestricted.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Something you have YET to prove.
Who pays for the public employees' union-demanded salary increases and higher benefits costs? The taxpayers.

If you think the money to pay for that comes from somewhere else, cite your source.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
And again, if you think its fair for employees to have their future pay raises limited to the cost of living increases why don't YOU volunteer to have YOUR salary limited to such an increase?
Welcome to the taxpayers' world.

How out of touch are you?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Who pays for the public employees' union-demanded salary increases and higher benefits costs? The taxpayers.

If you think the money to pay for that comes from somewhere else, cite your source.
Sure, taxpayers pay it - so what?
You've yet to prove that taking away collective bargaining rights will save any money.

So I'll put it to you SIMPLY: You make the claim that stipping the unions of bargaining rights is critical to the future health of Wisconsin and that if it's not done the state will be bankrupted. You make that claim as if it's fact.

So tell me - HOW MUCH will the savings be to the state?
HOW MUCH?
Tell me in DOLLARS.
HOW MUCH will stripping collective bargaining rights from the state workers unions SAVE?
And then tell just HOW it is that you can see the future.

Ken

Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the taxpayers' world.

How out of touch are you?
REALLY?
All those workers out there in the private sector are locked into contracts that limit their future pay increases (maybe forever) to the rate of inflation?

That's about the dumbest claim you've ever made - and THAT'S saying a lot.

So I challenge you ONCE AGAIN - swear that you are willing to have YOUR pay increases limited to no more than the rate of inflation.

And while you are at it, explain to me why the 2 unions that SUPPORTED Walker's campaign are somehow left out of the process of having their rights gutted.

Ken

Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Another 2 are vulnerable. ( Only 3 wins needed to gain control of Senate )

Three WI Republicans Trail In Recall Election Against Generic Dems | TPMDC

It's a fine day to kick out a right winger! Donate here http://www.actblue.com/page/recallrepublican8

too bad you did not also count in the 8 democrats that are also trying to get recalled as well for their failure of their oath of office here in Wisconsin.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
First of all the "billions" number you keep throwing around is a very "soft" figure. At this point NO ONE really knows what the REAL number will turn out to be.

Secondly - as I've ALREADY pointed out - no one - not YOU or anyone ELSE can show that the unions giving up their bargaining rights will result in ONE CENT of future savings - for the simple reason that no one - not YOU or anyone ELSE can know what the unions will ask for in future bargaining sessions or what the state will AGREE to in those sessions.

When you can PROVE exactly HOW MUCH the state will save in the future because the unions has lost it's bargaining rights THEN you may have a valid argument - but as near as I can tell you are no Nostrodamus.

Ken
If unions giving up their bargaining power wont result in a decrease in future pay, then whats the issue? You are trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth on this one..

1 sec, they need bargaining power and if you dont give it to them, you are attacking the middle class.
2nd, them giving this up wont result in savings

which is it?

p.s. through all of this, I dont see a plan.. dont worry.. i'm not shocked... I know Democrats HAVE NO PLANS...

Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Oh don't be an idiot. Use a little common sense for change. If necessary it can happen in Wisconsin just as in any other state. What? Do you need me to bottle feed you the information? If a state budget is trashed bad enough the legislature WILL trim pensions as necessary. Fortunately, the Wisconsin pensions funds are in pretty darned good shape.

Ken
Please use a little commonsense yourself. Anyone knows that if government pensions go under the government will be there to back them up just like they are there to backup insurance policies that are insolvent..

The fact that there is no "guarantee" doesnt mean they wont be made solvent..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies